Recommended Skyrim Mods To Enhance Visual Realism.

Systemlord30

Hello everybody,

I am aiming for mods that will greatly enhance the visual experience in Skyrim while keeping my frame rates at 60 fps. I have seen some truly amazing drop dead gorgeous pictures that look extraordinary, I would like to get close to that without affecting frame rates below 60 fps. I already have the official Skyrim HD texture pack and am using Nexus Mod Manager for all my mods. If anyone wants to share their visual enhancing mods with me that would be great!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

My specs

NEC 19" Monitor 1280x1024 75Hz capable

Core i7 3770K @4.5GHz

EVGA GeForce GTX 480 OC

Corsair Dominator GT 8GB

Samsung 830 SSD 256GB

Your graphics card will be your biggest problem with running a lot of the High-Rez textures. If you gave 2gb of vram on your card look for 1k or 2k landscape textures. Skyrim Flora Overhaul is another that would enhance the experience. You really have to pick and choose to see how your graphics card handles things. If you get a slowdown of movement after installing a mod your card probably can't handle it so just uninstall. Lastly you should stay away from town enhancing mods because they are sure to be a problem.

Turn off Antialiasing and either set Anisotropic Filtering to 2 or 4 or just turn it off. You should be able to have a great game on High and perhaps even use an ENB.

I hope this helps.

Your graphics card will be your biggest problem with running a lot of the High-Rez textures. If you gave 2gb of vram on your card look for 1k or 2k landscape textures. Skyrim Flora Overhaul is another that would enhance the experience. You really have to pick and choose to see how your graphics card handles things. If you get a slowdown of movement after installing a mod your card probably can't handle it so just uninstall. Lastly you should stay away from town enhancing mods because they are sure to be a problem.

Turn off Antialiasing and either set Anisotropic Filtering to 2 or 4 or just turn it off. You should be able to have a great game on High and perhaps even use an ENB.

I hope this helps.

He has a 480 GTX. His GPU will eat up this game no problem. I take it you've not compared the graphical performance of GPUs made in the past couple of years.

I could only find a benchmark for the 470, so I compared it to AMD's equivalent 5870. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/519?vs=511

The 480 will out perform the 470 by a nice margin.

The more you know...

Thanks for sharing your mods choices, keep them coming. I definitely am looking for more realistic lighting, slightly darker nights, darker interiors and dungeons. I don't want outdoors to be too dark, I'd like to see the moon cast on the ground at night. Better distant tree textures would be nice. My GTX 480 with its overclock equals a GTX 580.

I'm testing things in the castle in the very beginning, the game automatically set everything on it's highest setting. I have 16x AF and 8x AA with everything maxed out with no drop in frame rates, is there a way to set the fps cap to 75Hz? Does the HD texture pack replace all textures in the game or just certain ones?

Will my official HD textures interfere with the mods textures in any way?

Thanks for the recommended mods!

Edited by Systemlord30

Use any ENB series mod with SweetFx.

I was told that ENB mods were buggy, so if I were to use an ENB mod using SweetFx what would happen to all of my mods in NMM? I'm getting excellent performance, the frame rates are pegged at my monitors refresh rate @75Hz which when change to 60Hz lags a bit!

On another note I'm having difficulty installing the Skyrim Flora Overhaul, I go into the Skyrim.ini (My Documents\My Games\Skyrim), open with notebook and I can't find "iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=6" anywhere.

Edited by Systemlord30