Recommended Skyrim Mods To Enhance Visual Realism.

Systemlord30

I'm running this ENB, RealVision:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936//?

I got 2 radeon 6970s, and I can't get 60fps with that ENB + all the recommended mods. Using the highest textures possible for all the mods listed. If I leave the FPS limit to 60 in ENB, it gets up to 51 fps roughly at its peak, and 35fps at the lowest. Running @ 1920 x 1080 resolution. So I set the FPS cap to 40. Chances are a GTX 480 won't even run those mods at playable frame rates, you'd probably dip into the teens (unplayable). You might have to get lower resolution textures + use the permormance version instead of the full version. Using 1 GPU I get roughly 15 fps less on the minimum, and 20 off the maximum. Its not exactly double the FPS scaling like I see with a lot of games, but its better than the negative scaling you used to get with crossfire. Dips to 20fps is unplayable IMO. That is some severe stuttering. And when it dips, it dips hard, like from 40 down to 20 just by moving around and looking at fire pit or something.

***Edit at the resolution you're running at you will probably be fine.

NEC 19" Monitor 1280x1024 75Hz capable
Edited by Beriallord

System you can not use the NMM to install the ENB mod because it needs to be installed in the root directory but NMM installs the files in the data folder.

so you manually need to copy and paste and then later delete them one by one.

if you want to delete every file installed by the ENB mod then use this batch command

del /f /q /s fileName or foldername

as an example ,let's say there are three files and one folder then use this. ( I am not exactly sure because I didn't test this yet ,let me know the result)

Names of those files and folder : fileOne, filetwo,FolderOne

del /f /q /s fileOne

del /f /q /s filetwo

del /f /q /s FolderOne

pause

copy and paste the above code to the notepad and save it inside the Skyrim root folder as uninstallerENB.bat (main folder) and then

run it when you want to uninstall the entire ENB mod. don't worry this will clean junk files of ENB. but you have to specify name of each file and folder correctly.

Use any ENB series mod with SweetFx.

On another note I'm having difficulty installing the Skyrim Flora Overhaul, I go into the Skyrim.ini (My Documents\My Games\Skyrim), open with notebook and I can't find "iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=6" anywhere.

You have to add that line to the .ini file if it is not present, under [Grass}.

On another note I'm having difficulty installing the Skyrim Flora Overhaul, I go into the Skyrim.ini (My Documents\My Games\Skyrim), open with notebook and I can't find "iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=6" anywhere.

You have to add that line to the .ini file if it is not present, under [Grass}.

Thanks, this I am accustomed to doing in Oblivion.

System you can not use the NMM to install the ENB mod because it needs to be installed in the root directory but NMM installs the files in the data folder.

so you manually need to copy and paste and then later delete them one by one.

if you want to delete every file installed by the ENB mod then use this batch command

del /f /q /s fileName or foldername

as an example ,let's say there are three files and one folder then use this. ( I am not exactly sure because I didn't test this yet ,let me know the result)

Names of those files and folder : fileOne, filetwo,FolderOne

del /f /q /s fileOne

del /f /q /s filetwo

del /f /q /s FolderOne

pause

copy and paste the above code to the notepad and save it inside the Skyrim root folder as uninstallerENB.bat (main folder) and then

run it when you want to uninstall the entire ENB mod. don't worry this will clean junk files of ENB. but you have to specify name of each file and folder correctly.

OMG how do I do that? Batch command, all of your instructions are outside my comprehension and understanding! Only a step by step visual guide will work for me, I'm sorry about all this! However I'm willing to learn, should I even be using ENB mods if I want a problem free Skyrim experience? . Now I might have to uninstall Skyrim if I don't get help, this is the kind of thing I was trying to avoid, "getting in over my head"!

Edited by Systemlord30

could you tell me which ENB series are you going to Install ? so I can hand over the unInstallation batch file. you can use it to uinstall the ENB and you can also use to it refer how it works.

I was told that ENB mods were buggy, so if I were to use an ENB mod using SweetFx what would happen to all of my mods in NMM? I'm getting excellent performance, the frame rates are pegged at my monitors refresh rate @75Hz which when change to 60Hz lags a bit!

Try using nexus mod manager to install it. Simple mods like that don't require much. Also ENBs aren't that buggy anymore. Depending on your PC they can and will lower your FPS.

Here are my recommendations for graphic mods and their mod number:

Amidianborn Armor Retextures #24909

Enhanced Lights and FX #27043

Moss Rocks #31856

Natural Grass Texture Floor #30164

Remove Interior Fog V2 #29253

Static Mesh Improvement Mod #8655

WATER #13268

I uninstalled Skyrim and NMM yesterday, then reinstalled Skyrim and NMM. Only thing I left untouched was my saved games and "iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=6" under [Grass]. So just to clarify I can install one ENB mod at a time and also a few mods via Nexus Mod Manager, correct? I'm not sure which ENB mod I will run, but I know I'll be running the Realistic Lighting Overhaul, Skyrim Flora Overhaul.

I think I going to install SKSE for the Skyrim UI, then I'll install one ENB mod perhaps. I feel that I'm up to it because all I have learned in the past few days. Can someone recommend the best ENB mod for overall realism?

PC Specs

Nec 19" monitor 1280x1024 @75Hz my monitors refresh rate

Delidded i7 3770K @4.5GHz

Nvidia GTX 480 OC @880 Core

8GB of system memory

Samsung 830 Series 256GB SSD

Edited by Systemlord30