Andromeda Redone

qaskew24

ANDROMEDA? This is not a bad game, Some animation and the Fact that every Asari look exactly alike is very troubling. The people who did this game, I really don't believe ever heard of Mass Effect or they were looking for a quick buck. This is shameful and embarrassing for Bioware. The game represents you and credibility, not the Kindergarteners who did the animation. If I was a animator on the game, I would sue to have may name remove, They knew this was bad but still they did it. They can still save this game buy redoing the animation and Cloning. Turn it into a trilogy, couple mods and this can be a winning game added to the Mass Effect Universe. If not sell it to a company who would take pride in the works of their company or just be Bioware. Fast Buck.

• 3 weeks later...

The Problem is that Bioware/Ea, isn't very friendly to modders. Unlike the people who make The Elder Scrolls games, who go way out of their way to make very powerful tool kits, for the modders to use. If Bioware would be like Bethesda, they would find more modders making mods, and thus many more people playing their games.

@BUCKinFL;

Short Answer: It's not BioWare.

Unlike the Unreal Engine used for the earlier ME games, or what BioWare had done for their own Eclipse/Aurora engine used for the first two games in the DA-series, DICE (the developers of Frostbite, then named "FrostByte", and now owned by EA) have never released a tool kit for modders. Their only public comment on the subject was, "Maybe someday..."

Oh, and all of EA's AAA games are now required to use Frostbite since; they own it, and it makes it easy to port the code to all the relevant platforms (PC, Xbox, PS, and even Swtich.)

I get that it may be more difficult, but not having a tool kit for the modders, just makes it even harder. If Frostbite is now going to be the future, for a while, they should develop a toolkit. And let's be honest...a toolkit is already there...they use it themselves. They just need to go through it and decide what they don't want to give the modders. Maybe give it a friendlier UI. Then package that up, and put it out there for the modders to download. While it may still be more difficult than modding skyrim, it would be miles easier than now...and even without it, modders have done a pretty decent job of making some good mods. So what could they do with a proper tool kit? I'm willing to bet it would take them longer to decide what parts of their tool kit they want to share, and write instructions for it, than it would to actually package it up for download.