Boethiah Quest Mod - Looking for talented modders

edhelsereg

Boethiah is by far my favorite of all Daedric princes. She is only interested in the best of the best, and will settle for nothing less.

http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/default/files/mwbks_boethiah_glory.jpg

Boethiah’s Scorn is a story about how Boethiah shuns her followers and even her champions (possibly even the Dragonborn).

I have made several attempts to make this mod on my own, and I've come to the conclusion that a team would be better.

The quest starts where the Boethiah’s Calling quest ended, at the corpse of the former champion. His journal will tell you his story, and about his arch nemesis (it's not Boethiah) and will elude to Boethiah’s ultimate prize;

Ebony Coronet – a crown so powerful it has never been awarded to any mortal. It protects the wearer by making them ethereal when hit (not a guaranteed proc to keep things balanced) Only after defeating Boethiah in combat will you deserve this prize that will better ensure your survival.

Fearstruck – a shield that strikes fear into enemies when you power bash them (not really that useful, but funny nevertheless. Maybe it can be a side quest reward.)

Goldbrand – a sword forged of dragon fire blah blah blah... (I guess it would be cool if you had to re-forge it, btw nowhere does it say in anywhere in the lore that it has to be a katana :yes: )

The bulk of the quest revolves around tracking a mysterious character that is always one step ahead and desperately wants to replace the Dragonborn as Boethiah's Champion. (I'm thinking of a character that is opposite the normal male Dunmer champion archetype. Maybe at the end of the mod you discover they're an Argonian or Bosmer)

The Conclusion:

The quest will end with a boss fight with a certain prince of plots in a cool Daedric arena.

I really believe in quality over quantity. I want to make a really great experience, and not just a lot of material that players will just speed through. I would rather have 1 or 2 really immersive dungeons than 5 boring crawls.

I have a few elements already built, but nothing is set in stone.

http://i.imgur.com/OpFjZsN.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/d89sXKu.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/us7in3Q.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/qJzyMU2.jpg

I’m looking for talented modders who have any of the skills below (Lore fanatics who are super creative is a huge plus :thumbsup: )

Quest architect

CK wrangler

Scripter

Level designer

Scene choreographer

I have experience with modeling, textures, a little scripting.

I also have access to pro audio recording space and can get actors if the mod goes in that direction.

Please comment or PM me if you want to contribute!

Here are some Boethiah things to think about:

Artifacts: Fearstruck (shield destroyed by dragon), Goldbrand (kinda overused IMO but was forged with dragon fire) Boethiah seems to have a thing for dragons (because dragons are powerful, and she lovers power :verymad: )

Fact: Boethiah created Hunger Daedra, and hates Molag Bal.

Maybe the hunger were an ugly caricature of vampires :P

Fact: Boethiah favors the Dunmer over all other mer and men.

Trivia: Skyrim has some material leftover in CK that was intended to continue (or precede) Boethiah’s Calling. The Dragonborn was to assassinate Elisif The Fair, but it was apparently scrapped.

Also there was some dialogue written for the former Champion. Some mumbo jumbo about how you don’t need to kill to prove your strength or something or other.

???: And I almost forgot! Boethiah's Pillow Book - No words can describe what you see. Or what you think you see (The mod should definitely explain this)

Edited by edhelsereg

Extremely interesting, i like seeing quest's that revolve around the God's whether they be Aaedra or Daedra. I hope someone helps out :biggrin:

EDIT: It would also be cool if this was done for the other Daedra too so you could do their bidding perhaps? As some of their champions it would make sense.

Edited by Maleel

Very interesting. I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I've been wrecking my legit worlds with some mods for the past few months. I'd be glad to help with anything I could. Also, seeing as Boethiah is commonly associated with assassination, why not make your own artifact? A dagger, perhaps?

Very interesting. I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I've been wrecking my legit worlds with some mods for the past few months. I'd be glad to help with anything I could. Also, seeing as Boethiah is commonly associated with assassination, why not make your own artifact? A dagger, perhaps?

Hey, have you published any mods? What can you do in the CK?

Hey, have you published any mods? What can you do in the CK?

Like I said, haven't done much. I haven't published any mods, but I can do a lot of the basics in the CK along with some simple texturing. Honestly, I probably wouldn't be much help. If you tell me what you want done, I'll see if I can do it. Again, I am by no means a "Talented modder"

Edited by TheB10H4Z4RD

MrPieMan here, and I'll help with level design

Awesome! I posted some stuff I have built so far under the third spoiler. We need to hammer out the quest stages before we start building, but I'm thinking a daedric arena for the Boethiah fight. Possibly a creepy lair for the rogue worshiper.