Problem with Caravans and others...

OblivionDante

I know you can make NPCs essential which is kind of what I am looking for here but for a broader selection of NPCs... I am currently playing the "Good Guy" so I am not in the business of slaughtering Scavengers or Caravans... however the problem I am having is that the Enclave and other as$*@#! are in the business of it... After a while I find it extremely hard to find a caravan or scavenger or any other vendor that roams around because I usually find them dead. Especially their guards... would it be possible to make a mod that gave the vendor NPCs (ones not involved in a quest to kill them) essential and with MUCH higher firepower so they can actually survive out there... kinda pisses me off to invest in them and then find them taking a dirt nap... or just never seeing them again. Also perhaps with the mod make Dogmeat, Fawkes, and the other follower companions essential so I don't need to look up codes for them? LOL

P.S. If someone does look into doing this I also mean make their Brahmin caravans essential or immortal as well. (Easiest way to spot one)

One of the first mods I d/l off fallout3nexus was Rasana's Better Companions and Caravans mod.

Excerpt form the Readme:

Better Caravans.esp

Use this if you wish the following: The 4 major caravan traders, their brahim, and their guards are now set to essential. All other traders, scavengers, and random encounters have not been changed or altered.

This fine mod is a "real lifesaver" in every sense of the term. :)

One of the optional .esps in Mart's Mutant Mod gives you exactly what you want.

While it doesn't make them essential, it does add them to a "do not kill" group. This means that randomly spawning deathclaws/raiders/whatever will not target the trader, his beast of burden, or the guard. However, you can still kill them, if that's your thing...

I downloaded this after Doc Hoff stopped visiting Megaton. Searched around for a bit, and found his mutilated body in the middle of a super mutant encampment. With the mod installed, I have not had any problem like this anymore.

Archived