Shantytown Atoll

Rockatanskiy

Some people loved it, while most people hated it. Either way, I thought the setting of the Waterworld was definitely a strong point. I am talking about the makeshift ring of cobbled shacks, walls, and guard towers that made up the floating town from the beginning of the movie. Now, Waterworld is essentially Mad Max in the sea, so I thought it would be a cool idea to make a new town based on the atoll.

http://amykane.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/ww3.jpg

If you think about it, the atoll basically looks like a flooded Megaton that floats on the ocean. I don't know anything about modding, but I bet that that could be used as a blueprint. Instead of it being a crater shaped like this: '''\_/''''' it would be more like this: ....|\_/|.... with more significant walls around the outside. I'm sure some of you have seen the movie, so I hope you know what I'm trying to say.

Of course, it wouldn't make sense to put a floating city in the Capital Wasteland. What would be the point of that when there is plenty of good old land? Maybe I'm being too ambitious for my own good here, but I think it could be in its own world map. This map would be set in the middle of the ocean, and it could possibly be accessed by a Boat in the Cap. Wasteland, or by incorporating the Global Travel System mod (that mod could use some more compatible places!) You could even expand this new water area further by including other makeshift islands and a bad guy faction equivalent to the smokers or raiders that could be based in a giant tanker.

Like I said, I know nothing about modding, so I'm just putting an idea out with the hope of someone picking it up.

(Might as well post another idea here rather than make another post)

In Megaton, there is limited space, right? Most of the people there aren't actually citizens, but they are all cramped up in the common house. I think we could artificially add to Megaton by building an extensive (or not) shantytown around the perimeter of Megaton on the outside (on the world map.) I never understood why there weren't more people huddled near the only real city in the wasteland. Sure, they weren't excepting new residents, but they would still probably make cardboard shacks outside of the town walls. So lets have a mod that adds a variety of shacks, huts, tents, and deteriorating sheds all around. There could be a bunch of generic residents, and maybe we could even give a home to that leech, Micky!

I got the idea from the Megaton Camp mod, which adds a makeshift campsite for you outside of the city, complete with a fire, storage bins, and a mattress. I just don't see why there wouldn't be more people crowding around the premise in the same way.

Archived