[WIP] Vault 115 - Oversee your own Vault

TheDrunkenSoviet

After gaining skills over time with GECK and scripting, I have felt the need to finally make a mod i've wanted to for a long time.

This mod still a heavy work in progress, Is a new take on Vaults and how they are run.
This mod will allow you, the player to take on the infamous position of Vault Overseer along with its pro's and cons.

The Vault, Vault 115 will be a large fully stable vault in the Mojave Wasteland complete with Lore friendly items and basic unmarked, dynamic and epic quests that will make the Courier see the wasteland in a new light.

The Mod will be full of RPG features making the vault incredibly immersive and dynamic for long periods of time.

Be what you wanted to be in the GOAT for all these years. Be The Overseer

• Will contain custom apparel and a huge immersive vault.
  • Fully voiced NPC's
  • Dynamic and fun unmarked quest system that will span the whole wasteland
  • A completely new view on Vaults and possibly Fallout itself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am now turning to the community to ask, what would you like to see in this mod ?

Here is a teaser to get you lot, in the mood.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S This will also be compatible with NMC's Texture pack to give it the extra edge when playing.

TheDrunkenSoviet

Edited by TheDrunkenSoviet

What I would like to see:
- Ability to send out away teams for supplies and such

- Ability to arm and equip the guards and away teams however you want.

- Farming

- Maybe the ability to choose what kind of vault you want to run? i.e 1000 women to one man scenario, Super Mutant production facility, giant science lab, clone labs, etc.

Awesome ideas !
I have already have some features similar to some of them but i'm keeping them under wraps for now.

The scenario option would be a great idea and I will try and implement this as best as I can in the Mod, The super mutant/FEV Lab idea would be really awesome.

I'd really like to have people rebel if your rule is too... suffocating. And then of course, depending on how you deal with the rebellion, that would set the tone for the vault and how the people view you. For example, if you give in to their demands and reform they might re-consider their opinion of you and everyone could get along, or they could view you as weak.If you put down their rebellion violently and with no remorse they might live in fear of you, but if you're too... thorough, you might find yourself with no-one left to rule. Maybe if it becomes too extreme outside parties have to step in, "moral" factions, like the NCR, until you find yourself at war with one or more of them? In fact, if your people think of you as weak, perhaps the Brotherhood would show up to take the technology from your Vault because they don't see you as any real danger?

Obviously just a suggestion, I don't know if that would be a bit much, it does venture outside of controlling a Vault somewhat, but I like the idea of other factions reacting to what you do and how you treat your people. Of course, with that said, it's your mod and you should make it the way you'd like it to be! :smile:

Edited by Jojash

I'm definitely going to implement a in-vault faction system into the Mod such as the classic Rebellious teen gangs(Tunnel Snakes anyone??) and factions like Residents (Strikes), Security Forces (Coups, maybe), and Vault Loyalists. Along with possible outside ties but might be difficult due to story effects and might bug the story with new scripts but i will try my best.

Gathering ideas from the community helps me gather what people want from mods. I could spend months on a mod and no-one would like the features I like therefore asking you guys allows me to see what you want and would like to see. As its you guys which will be playing it :)

Keep an eye on this development page as more content is coming and a trailer is in the works !

Many of the Vaults the U.S. Government commissioned were experiments. So why not have an option at the beginning to say whether or not you want your vault to have a social experiment. And if they want to have the vault as an experiment, you can create a list of lists and then that vault will follow that social experiment with you(the overseer) being the only person aware of it.

And if no social experiment then you can just have it be a normal vault. This sounds like a fantastic idea and looking forward to seeing any process in it!

Great Lore Idea !
I might see what I can do but the Mojave region didn't really have many control Vaults but i'll see if i can maybe make up a more Lore immersive experiment.

I have put many hours into planning and pre-development and thorough committed to the project but due to me being the sole, Level builder, Scripter, Texture artist and audio guy, Its gonna take a while to get to a releasable stage but i'm currently working towards a trailer that will be posted on this page.
Keep looking back for updates.

Perhaps you can predict the outcome of your citizens based on your Karma? I've found very few uses for it in the Vanilla game, and it would be great to see if your villainous behavior can change the outcome of your people. Like for instance; if your evil, you'll send your residents to a sacrifice chamber (or something else sinister) like in Vault 11, and if you're a kind and loving Overseer, you can plan fun activities and such (sounds a tad cheesy but, oh well).

And another idea (if I may), maybe your citizens can comment on your decisions you've made out in the Mohave (like main quests etc.) like companions do. For example, you've chosen the NCR over the Legion and they'll say "Don't worry Overseer. I never liked bulls myself". Stuff like that. Or maybe comment on events that have happened in previous Fallout games? (That's if your research is good. Don't want them talking about things that haven't even happened yet!)

They're just a few suggestions. Hopefully, you can put them in to the mod. Great idea by the way!

I did find Karma pretty useless in the Vanilla game.
I'm trying to see if i can use karma to impact decisions with like laws in the vault, so for example cutting water rations (Negative Karma), etc

Good Idea and i know how to do that but it would be very voice acting intensive and the scripting would be insane for a sole modder haha :D
I will still keep that idea for a future release.

Keep the ideas coming there really gonna help the mod and progress is steady and its coming along well !