An Immersive, Semi-Lore-Friendly Star Trek Mod for Skyrim

kat1004

It sounds like an entertaining mod but, I wouldn't recommend tagging it as lore friendly. Nirn is in its own little universe with it and its moons. All the stars and the sun that orbit it are actually rips made from when the Aedra left this universe. Even with coming up with a story for trying to plausibly explain why the Enterprise is here, this pretty much throws lore out the window.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. It's a cool idea, but not lore-friendly.

• 2 months later...

Alright, it's been a while since I've been able to work on this mod, as I can't get the Creation Kit to work quite right.

It sounds like an entertaining mod but, I wouldn't recommend tagging it as lore friendly. Nirn is in its own little universe with it and its moons. All the stars and the sun that orbit it are actually rips made from when the Aedra left this universe. Even with coming up with a story for trying to plausibly explain why the Enterprise is here, this pretty much throws lore out the window.

Also, to address the issue of 'lore-friendly', I did 'tag' it as only being semi-lore-friendly. It's lore friendly in that Nirn is a planet, and a plane of existence. Who knows what planets are in the universe? And maybe the galaxy Nirn is located in is far enough away from Federation, Orion, Klingon, or Romulan space that they hadn't discovered it up until the point in time that the game will take place. Besides, according to Clarke's three laws, sufficiently advanced technology can appear to be a strange sort of magic to the people of a world such as Nirn, and sufficiently advanced magic could appear to be strange technology to the people onboard the USS Enterprise.

• 3 months later...

Alright, it's been a while since I've been able to work on this mod, as I can't get the Creation Kit to work quite right.

Also, to address the issue of 'lore-friendly', I did 'tag' it as only being semi-lore-friendly. It's lore friendly in that Nirn is a planet, and a plane of existence. Who knows what planets are in the universe? And maybe the galaxy Nirn is located in is far enough away from Federation, Orion, Klingon, or Romulan space that they hadn't discovered it up until the point in time that the game will take place. Besides, according to Clarke's three laws, sufficiently advanced technology can appear to be a strange sort of magic to the people of a world such as Nirn, and sufficiently advanced magic could appear to be strange technology to the people onboard the USS Enterprise.

I expect a "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" shout. LoL

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...