Alternate start mod that cuts off MQ but keeps official DLC?

VikingofTamriel

I've been on the lookout for an alternate start mod that lets you skip the Oblivion main quest completely (for testing mods, mostly) but still allows the official DLC quests to appear. I've been using this one, but that one does not give you the quests for all the DLC - it only allows you to play Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles, but the other DLC quests do not appear, probably because it cuts off the starting dungeon completely, and those quest pop-ups are scripted to appear within that dungeon... Are there any alternate start mods that have been able to work around this (i.e. that skips the tutorial dungeon and main quest altoghether, but still enables you to get the Horse Armour, Mehrunes' Razor, Thieves' Den etc quests)?

(Yes, I know you can disable the relevant .esps, save and then reload the .esps, but when using the unofficial patches + custom loading order that becomes a bit more of a hassle than with a 'plain' install)

Edited by VikingofTamriel

Arrive by Ship fits your desires precisely: It skips the tutorial dungeon, allows you to start the main quest whenever you want (or never, your choice), and doesn't interfere with the official DLCs. I can't link to it right now since the Oblivion Nexus is being difficult. >:( When it's working again, just search for "Arrive by Ship" and you'll find it. :thumbsup: