Rescue Critically Wounded Soldiers

5ilent5hadow

I would like for my critically wounded, yet stabilized soldiers to not die when I fail a mission like asset recovery or operation Confounding Light. The others got out fine even if they are almost dead so I would think that everyone would live, especially since there would be minimal/null enemy resistance.

I would be fine if I had to clear the map first to save them, but if the game ends the mission abruptly so I think everyone not dead should stay alive.

Thanks for considering.

See the 'Revive Bug Fix and optional boost' thread. What you are requesting would essentially nerf the 'Revive' perk, as well as negate the entire idea of 'failing a mission' consequences. Aborting a mission is a 'bug out', every soldier for himself desperate retreat. If you are too far away, or too slow, you are SOoL.

A 'stabilized' soldier is merely 'not bleeding out'. They have no movement. You need Revive to give them the movement (and enough time) to make it back to the LZ. Otherwise they are 'left behind' in the panic. Which is just one reason why you really want to avoid aborting, and to get your Support to the point where they have Revive.

Not to say someone might not be willing to make such a mod. But are the consequences really what you want? You would be better served to replay the mission and figure out how to avoid needing to abort it.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was talking about council missions where the objectives aren't " 1) kill every thing. 2) Keep at least one soldier alive."

When I fail the council mission's objectives (i. e. activate the train in confounding light in ten turns, or keep the VIP alive, etc.) and the mission just ends, I want my stabilized soldiers to not die.

Basically right after I just cleansed the map of aliens and then fail the objective(s), I have a mental image of my operational guys going "Oh well, guess I'll just go home" and then walking over their wounded comrades they leave to die to return to base in the sky ranger.

If I decide to abort a mission (i. e. Get to da choppa!) I'm fine if the stabilized soldiers I left behind die. Although it would be cool if they could be carried, I realize this would be rather difficult to implement.

This wouldn't nerf revive as the stabilized soldiers can't fight or do anything but lay there. This supposed mod would just guarantee that they wouldn't die just because the council or command or whoever decided to pull the plug and the mission just ends right then.

Also, no ironman reloads.