Having problems "connecting" nexus to Skyrim?

ColdNCursed

**PROBLEM SOLVED***
Leaving it up so people can see...

I uninstalled Nexus Mod thingy, reinstalled it and custom placed it to D:\Games instead of letting it create it's own folder (D:\Games\Skyrim something or nother) And it works perfectly.

My awesome sister just bought me the Legendary Skyrim edition, so I can finally nerd out to this awesome game. I instantly knew to download some graphic mods for it and my I heard Nexus was the place to go for that. So.. I downloaded nexus, instlaled it, and when I try to "connect" skyrim to nexus, I get this error.
http://i44.tinypic.com/29pbvgg.png

So.. I googled the error, naturally, and came up with people saying I should verify files in steam. Great, did that, said I had 1thing it should download... It never does, and the error persists.

Just to be clear;

I have Steam installed to my D:\Games\Steam it made a folder in D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
I checked the installation at D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data\ and it's true, skyrim.esm is not there. Nothing is.

It is the Skyrim Legendary Edition.

Thanks for any and all help, I hope I've provided the information necessary.

Edited by ColdNCursed

It looks as though you have an old installation of Skyrim lying about. Unless you are familiar with the Registry Editor, you should uninstall Skyrim, and reinstall it through Steam.