Comprehensive, Ultimate Floating Island Player/follwer Home w/dlc Cont

Danman804

So, I have searched high and low for a good house/player home that will fit my tastes, and came back empty handed. I must have tried 40 different places, to no avail.

What I am looking for is a player home that could also incorporate some Hearthfire (oven, planting) as well as any other DLC you see fit, in a secluded high-flying sky forest-paradise island with beautiful scenery of skyrim in a right location (a pond or lake on it would be nice).

The house should NOT be:

- Either entirely dwemer or solitude architecture. It should be cozy and comfortable with some flair for style, not dreary and barren. Both of these architectural elements can be incorporated as a small part of the home, but not as the main style of the place. Some telvanni elements (levitation circle, some mushroom architecture etc) is fine.

- Being entirely devoid of loading doors. While it's nice to have everything in one cell, the amount of hoarded items in containers and followers will crash most rigs for sure. Therefore, there should be SOME separate loading areas, or at least optional file to make each rooms separate as user sees fit. Think underground bathhouse and the optional file to separate each room in separate cells.

What the house should have:

- Fully navmeshed, companion/spouse friendly.

- Hearthfire oven/churn, and fish hatchery located on the said pond on the floating island (either make it optional hearthfire version or the main file)

- On the same vein, some cows and chickens as well as goats in a cattle pen, along with multiple apiary and a grind mill.

- VERY IMPORTANT: Separate companion area with pool/bathing space and beds (either a cavern or well-designed sanctuary of that sort). Preferably enough to house and bed 5-10 followers.

- LIBRARY. With enough bookshelves to house over 1000+ books with unlimited books mod. Also a fireplace and reading lounge that gives it the cozy library feeling.

- Usual amenities: Alchemy, enchanting, smithing areas, all separate and tastefully designed without feeling too much like someone just slapped a bunch of containers and items together.

- Greenhouse/in door garden - AND/OR outdoor garden all enough to plant 50 or more items.

- Separate museum with central circular configuration (think main lobby of college of winterhold except filled with mannequins and display cases as well as racks) and connecting wings to display separate and unique items (daedric wing, unique item wing, jewel/gem wing, etc)

- Master bedroom w/ double bed, and guest room with single bed.

- Treasure/gold vault that has an air of opulence not just a bunch of chests and safes.

- As mentioned above, separate, high-flying forested/watered (pond) floating island in a good location, accessible only by someone (and their followers) with the key to the place or dragonblood (think sky haven temple blood ritual).

- Most crucially, be aware of the FPS requirements - loading doors and good awareness of how this kind of house will perform in an average rig used for skyrim is vital.

Some people pointed out the Halls of Dovahdor as being pretty much this, but I felt it was too moddy (hoarded chests, awkward placement of the library) as well as being prone to CTD going from one wing to another not to mention being FPS intensive when in the main hall (lowest was 16 from the throne).

I do realize this is a pretty heavy request - if anyone is willing to take up the torch, I would be very grateful, and I am sure everyone else is also. I think many people are tired of living in Deus Mons.

Edited by Danman804

• 4 months later...

Forgot to add that any DLC content is welcome as long as above requirements are met: multiple adoption capable home is welcome as long as you either put it in a separate wing to lower FPS hit or something similar.

Anyone interested? You would possibly have the eternal gratitude of the entire skyrim nexus community with such an achievement.

Edited by Danman804