First Mission Impossible to Complete

AnalRebuild

When I try to begin a new game, I cannot pass the first mission, "Unbound" when you escape from Helgen.
The problem seems to be that some NPCs do not spawn, such as after finding the key in the keep, and come to the place where you need to find potions in the barrel, Hadvar just stands there as if he were waiting for me to get them. My mission objective pointer is way off, and he does not ask me to grab potions.
When I choose to go with Ralof, no Imperials spawn where I am supposed to grab potions from the barrel. So he too just stands there waiting. This makes the game unplayable as I cannot even pass the first mission.

If anyone can help, thanks a bunch. I can't seem to find help elsewhere.

He doesnt need to ask you and you should be able to open the door yourself. I know hadvar slows me down so he actually follows me through the beginning

If you cant figure it out then there are console codes that help you. Everything about the console can be looked up on google

Edited by cyth1

He doesnt need to ask you and you should be able to open the door yourself. I know hadvar slows me down so he actually follows me through the beginning

If you cant figure it out then there are console codes that help you. Everything about the console can be looked up on google

I have collected the potions myself and opened the door myself, Ralof/Hadvar does not move. After I go through the torturing room where there are supposed to be NPCs attacking me, there are none there. Once I reach the objective marker down in the caves, it does not move. The mission can't be completed and is stuck. No NPCs spawn in the barrel/potion room for me to kill and continue through.