Dragon Age: Prelude to Chaos

Deleted6317247User

Wind smiled and wiped the blood from his Crow-Blades off on his tunic, Ven stands with the tip of the large scimitar in the dirt with both his large hands resting on the pommel. Ven smiles and nods to Wind, Wind hated bounty hunters, lowest of the low for professions. To him they were one step above Slavers since they often sold their quarry to slavers. Wind tightened the leather strap that held his long light hair back and fixed the Huntress with his blue and green eyes.

"It is sad that I have to kill you senorita... I should rather prefer to take you out for a dinner under the moonlight." He said with a charming smile as he circled her, his steps slow and meaningful. He looked like a shark swimming circles around a wounded seal, preparing for it's strike.

Wind sighed and flipped his twin Crow-Blades around in his hand and crossed them across his arms, the etchings across them revealed the name of each weapon, the right blade with an ivory hilt was Isabela, the left hand blade with the ebony hilt was Luvana. The names of each were etched into the hardened steel of the blades with a rose pattern around it.

Wind smiled and looked to Ven, Ven began to stamp his foot and tap on the flat of his sword as he chanted something in Qunari, the beat began to reverberate through the Warehouse and filled the room with a deep and looming sense of dread. Wind smiled and leapt at the Bounty Hunter, his knives flashing in a criss-cross pattern for the Huntresses stomach.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruth didn't twitch an eye as she watched the Bounty Hunter's guts spilling on the dirty floor of the Foundary. After all, the woman had shown no remorse taking off Lianna's head either.

With the little letter still in her pouch she walked up to Wind and his Qunari friend. "Nicely done. I didn't think I could have done it better myself," she grinned at him, looking down at the dead woman. "And it was quite a show on top of that, nice skills. And he's a friend of yours, I take it?" she smiled as she turned to the Qunari, not quite sure as how one approached one. She wanted to be polite and show the respect she felt for his kind.

As she looked at the tall, big, buff guy the random thought of how the flyers, about her looking for a crew she had hung up throughout few parts of the city, were doing.

"Ah, yes." Illadriel said as she remembered about her own task. It was nice to talk to someone other than the dwarves who got annoyed pretty quickly by her endless questions.

"I came here to Orzammar to investigate the disappearance of a group of Wardens," she started, "at first we assumed that they've been killed by the darkspawn, but the thing is, all of them returned from their mission and were seen in the Tapster's tavern." She said.

"I'm here to find some answers and hopefully the Wardens."

==================================

The homeless man named Grit followed Tristan and his newest patient to the clinic. The two men nodded to each other and Grit shut the door behind him.

"It's most likely that you're going to be my last patient, but please, do keep this a secret." Tristan said as a small light blue-ish ball of energy appeared in his hand. The mage guided the ball of energy towards Ranek and soon the light engulfed the injured man.

"For the pain," Tristan said with a smile, "works much better than healing poultices."

"Speaking of clients," Grit interrupted, "I found this flyer. Could be a new job opportunity for you." The homeless man said as he handed the flyer to Tristan. The mage read through it quickly and nodded.

"So eager to get rid of me?" Tristan asked with a chuckle.

"You know it! At least with the clinic empty I'd have a decent roof over my head."

"That you would." The mage replied as he read the flyer again. "That you would."

Danae blinked, "Well...unless dwarven brews have some magical invisibility side effects, I'd say something was probably slipped into their drinks. Easy way to knock out a whole team of warriors. If it was given to everyone else in the tavern as well, no one would know what happened...not really. They'd probably attribute it to a really bad night of drinking."

The woman laughed, "You probably are wondering where I'm getting that idea. Happened one time in Denerim. Some gang leader thought he'd get the best of the watchmen by drugging them all in their favorite pub and eliminating them while they were unconscious. Didn't bank on the watch captain paying mercenaries for a bit of revenge. Fun times."

• 3 weeks later...

Wind smiled and looked to Ven. "Yeah... he is my first mate." He says to her before going over to Lianna's corpse, he closes the eyes on the head and mutters something in elvish as a final farewell. Wind then looked up to Ruth and smiled, "Read the note, where is our next stop?" He asked as he stood, he looked to Ven and tapped his cheek under his eye, Ven nodded and walked across the room towards the large doors and closed them. after checking to see if anyone was listening, he nodded to Wind to confirm that no one was listening in.

The burly Qunari slid his scimitar into the leather bag across his bag and smiled. "All clear Captain." He said as he walked over to them.

Edited by Macman253

Ruth grinned over the well trained communication between the two and started heading out of the Foundry District.

"Well, according to the little note, Lianna was after something rather big in Starkhaven. I have heard nothing but a little, but I know of a Circle of Magi that had burned to the ground and left nothing but ruins and ashes. And we all know that ruins and ashes are a great place for hidden artefacts and treasures. So, since Lianna ... well," Ruth stopped for a second, making a painful grimace as she thought of the now dead elf, but continued anyways.

"Since Lianna thought it worth checking out, we might as well, too. I know people will be waiting at us at the docks by now, or so I hope. I did put out flyers before we stumbled into each other at the Hanged Man, advertising my need and wish for a crew. So I hope there'll be a little crowd waiting for us. We know of the elf we saw at the Hanged Man. The one with the red hair ... ah," Ruth bit her lip, trying to remember her name but failed, which she figured wasn't a bad thing.

The elf had seemed rather shy and nervous - for which she couldn't blame her, Kirkwall was still crawling with Templars and guards, always suspicious of elves.

So, Ruth figured the elf wouldn't mind that she couldn't remember or even if, that she wasn't blurting her name around.

"So, we have the elf who said is good with herbs and poultices and such. We have our Qunari buddy back at the docks. Lianna is, well ... out. Obviously. I don't know. I was hoping to have a mage on the crew, to be honest," she whispered the word 'mage' and grinned at Wind.

"Anyways, so there's that. Let's set sail and get our asses over to Starkhaven and see what we can find and what trouble we can stir up. Better than sticking around in this dirt hole anyways."

Illadriel nodded as she listened to Danae talking. She also thought that their drinks were spiked, maybe their food too but she found no evidence to that. Whatever was left of their dinner was probably thrown out or eaten by either nugs or starving casteless dwarves.

"I think so too. There's no other way for them to disappear like this," the elf said, "but it's too late to check that." Illadriel then turned to look at Danae. "Do you need supplies, a rest or both?" She asked. "I'd like to leave as soon as possible."

Grit kept Ranek's company while Tristan packed his things for the journey. He had little else to do and why not join the crew and sail the seas? There are no templars in the open sea unless they're that paranoid to look for mages amongst pirates or whatever they were.

Few minutes later, Tristan came back to the main room of the clinic and looked around for one last time. "Those were the good days." He thought as he remembered the first days of the newly opened clinic.

"Well, I'm ready." The mage said as he looked at his homeless friend and his last patient. "I'll walk with you to the docks." Grit said as they left the clinic and made their way towards the Kirkwall docks.

Danae simply shrugged, "I need nothing, m'lady. I came here well-rested, and I have all the supplies I need with me. Lead on...I have your back."

Wind smiled and nodded as he walked with Ruth. "Well... then we should take my ship, it has a crew and it is waiting right now." He said with a slight smirk, a ship that may have a crew isn't reliable enough and his was prepped and ready to go that moment. Ven stood rather close to Wind, his large stature overshadowing the small elf, his sword along was taller then Wind.

"Captain... we are still missing half our crew. We will not be ready to go underway until morning." Said Ven, Wind rubbed his chin in thought and nodded. "Fair enough... the good lady will have to be our guests until then." He said then turned to Ruth, "Only if you want to?" He asked calmly, a slight smirk on his lips.

"Good." Illadriel said as she started making her way towards the entrance to the Deep Roads. She had weapons with her and the three dwarves that were to accompany her were already waiting by the entrance.

"This is Gorak, Thinli and Miraak." She introduced the dwarves respectively. Gorak was the eldest of three. His once black hair and beard showed more grey hair than he liked. Thinli, Gorak's nephew was the youngest light brown haired dwarf and he was the most enthusiastic of them all. Miraak's hair and beard were of dark brown color and his face bore a tattoo which marked him as one of the casteless.

"And this is Danae," Illadriel said to the dwarves, "she's going to travel with us to the Deep Roads."

Each of the dwarves offered their greetings before heading through the huge door out of Orzammar and into the Deep Roads.

"Our first stop is Aeducan Thaig, it was their first destination." Illadriel said as she followed the dwarves. "Hopefully we'll find something there."

Tristan reached the docks on his own. Grit left as soon as they walked past the Foundry out of fear that others might take over the now empty clinic. After the brief farewell, the mage continued towards the docks.

Eventually, when he reached the docks he pulled out the flyer from his pocket and read it over again trying to see if the ship was described in some way. Sadly, he couldn't find anything.

"That's just great." Tristan mumbled to himself as he stared at the docked ships. "Which one is it?"