Having some trouble getting the game detect a one-handed weapon...

scarycave

Hi forums, like the title says, I'm having some trouble getting the game to tell if the player is wielding a one handed weapon with an ability.

It's like this: the player gets (is supposed to) get +10 to several skills, they each have this function:

if GetWeaponAnimType != 3 AND

if GetWeaponAnimType != 5 AND

if GetWeaponAnimType != 6 AND

if GetWeaponAnimType != 7 AND

if GetWeaponAnimType != 8 AND

the ability also reduces those skills by 10 if they're holding a two handed weapon and its like this:

if GetWeaponAnimType == 3 OR

if GetWeaponAnimType == 5 OR

if GetWeaponAnimType == 6 OR

if GetWeaponAnimType == 7 OR

if GetWeaponAnimType == 8 OR

The games doesn't seem to register during tests and I'm not sure why...

Edited by scarycave

Help me out a little here...

What exactly are you doing this with?

Actor Effect

Base Effect

Script

or something else?

The nomenclature you used doesn't make sense to me as 'not equal' is '!='.

A little more detail, perhaps even a screen shot of the pertinent data sheet you are working on would help.

What have you chosen as the 'Run on' condition? I think you should chose 'Reference' and then select player from the first default cell. Maybe 'Target' will work as well, but certainly 'Subject' won't as that would be the item that contains the effect - which, even though you didn't mention it, is probably not the player.

I'll try to see if I can do that - although, the ability is linked to a perk. When I did something similar to see if the player is wearing or not wearing glasses, it worked fine. I'll toy around with it later and see if I can get it working.

//EDIT//

Nevermind. Got it working - I changed the subject to reference like you said, and then changed it from an actor effect to an ability.

One-Handed is pretty much done now. Thanks for your help. Now if only I could find out about that firing speed problem...

Edited by scarycave