Classic Fallout Soundtracks

xxxHACKERxxx

Do you own the games? If you do you can copy the soundtracks from them, if it is for personal use :P That's what I did, and it's not hard at all. I don't think you can legally distribute those soundtracks over the interwebs, so... It's the only way I can think of

There is one tool with which you can convert ".acm" files (Fallout 1/2 music files) to wav. You can get it here

How are you using the converters? Do you have UAC on? (Because it IS a pain in the arse with UAC...) Try to convert the files in another partition (Other than "C:") if you have one.

This executable needs to be ran through the CMD. This is how you should do it:

1 - Go to "C:\Windows\System32" (I guess it's the same on vista, if it doesn't work just search for "cmd.exe")

2 - Copy cmd.exe to a folder on another partition (I copied to D:\Fallout Soundtracks, "D:" being another partition in my HDD)

3 - Make sure "acm2wav.exe" is in the same folder as the "cmd.exe" and the .acm files

4 - Open "cmd.exe", it should start in the folder you executed it

5 - Then write acm2wav.exe 01HUB.ACM -m* (for example.. 01HUB is the first acm you have for F1)

*you can put "-m" after it so it converts into mono wav files, instead of stereo, I guess... Probably it makes your filesize smaller because you will only have one audio channel. I prefer stereo, so I don't use it

After you did that a wav file named 01HUB.WAV should have been created in the folder. Repeat the procedures for the other acm files and you're good to go :D

Archived