WoW Mods

gaanador

Yeah, then make all the races, the whole world of warcraft maps, the items, the monsters and everything

Just to point out; He's using irony. Even if it is a bit unfounded. :wink:

I'll simply point out the biggest problems(Without ranting why this kind of requests aren't very popular.);

1. The mounts.

-Adding new creatures into the game is a real pain in the ass, so basically you'd have to settle for some smaller scale edits on the base Oblivion horses.(Unless you're willing to go through the trouble and learn to do it yourself. To get yourself started, you can find links and tutorials from here.)

2. The armor request format;

You don't give any reference shots, your request is rather unspecific on what you want, which is something that comes through as you being lazy and not really even wanting to see these made. While requesting something, people generally expect to see some kind of references to what they're asking for.(Only to be disappointed most of the time.)

~Elraine

Just to point out; He's using irony. Even if it is a bit unfounded. :wink:

I was using irony? Lol, just kidding.

No disrespect to any WoW addicts or fans,

but I just don't like that game too much.

Yeah, making new creatures IS a pain in the ass!

All the modeling, spending loads of time just making everything look silky smooth (lol, from "You don't mess with the Zohan!")

And if you really want a mod made, you need to dig up a lot of information, so the modder knows exactly what to do and make.

The best approach is to start writing about what it is and why you want it made, and remember to use good words,

the trick is to write good and get the modder to like what he's reading, really make him interested.

Then you write detailed about what it is, where it's from, and all possible details you can find.

Pictures are also very important. "1 Picture = 1000 Words"

Be sure to find high quality pictures of what you want made if it's possible.

I'm sure there is more to write about, but what I've written above is a "MUST!"

Try to get some more information and pictures and edit your first post.

I am sure you'll get more responses to it when that time comes.

Good luck!

Wow, you guys are abit harsh. My first post on any forum ever and I get criticized about every detail of my post. I understand not having pictures and all, but calling me lazy was abit too much. The best pictures I could find though are the ones from the WoW website. The little armory viewer shows all the different armor sets. Heres the link http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/items/armorsets Hope that helps a little bit. :thumbsup:

As a modder of weapons, armor, and spells...I will say that the weight rigging of meshes is the most difficult part.

Weapons are easier than armor and creatures because you don't have to worry about animations or rigging.

Armor gets complicated if you're not familiar with skeleton rigging, and creatures are the hardest because of the individual animations.

The majority of armor mods you will find are re-textures/recombinations of vanilla meshes that already have rigging.

Even the "skinned hound" for Shivering Isles uses the default wolf skeleton and animations.

If you want to speed up the process of getting some new armor in the game...

1st: Look to see if something similar already exists that will suffice

2nd: Look for existing armor that can be used as a starting point (e.g. cuirass from this set, pauldrons from that one, etc.)

3rd: Be willing to learn how to do some of it yourself. I learned the majority of things I know about meshes and scripting from tutorials.

4th: Don't be demanding (not saying you are, just a general rule). I plan on making some new armor based on Warhammer, but on my terms at my pace. Be polite and try to gain interest from others...positive polls can show a modder that his/her work will be appreciated.

No promises, but I may see something I want to work on. :devil:

No offence, but why do you have to add this everything in Oblivion? I mean like, the bethesda crew made their own creatures and so on. It's their game, so why pack WoW into Oblivion? WoW have their own weaknesess and strongnesess 8lol, does that word even exist? xP), and so does Oblivion.

Birrii

Because it adds more variety.

What if Bethesda chose to only add 1 single monster in the whole game, like a mudcrab.

That's all you would be killing... fun fun fun..

So modders create or modify to make new monsters so we can have more pleasure of playing the game.

And we can't really criticize people for wanting new monsters and what kinds of monsters, cause that is a matter of taste.