Canterbury Commons revamped

Jen89

So is there anyone who could make a mod, that made Canterbury Commons into a actual town?

All the buildings should be repaired, and there should be a wall(with gate and turrets) around the entire town.

This walls could be the chinese ones with barbed wire from operation Anchorage. :thumbsup:

The showdown between the antagonizer and the Mechanist should be moved outside the actual city, and the there should be added more NPCs: a couple of settlers and scavengers.

PS: The Chimera tank form operation anchorage, could be used as a defensive vechicle for the city along with a couple of guards, or do you think that having such vichele would be

a little too advanced for a town like Canterbury Commons? :biggrin:

:thanks:

this is actually a really great idea! i mean, all the merchants talk highly of Canterbery Commons. I know i was very disappointed when i found this highly regarded trading town. I mean, a huge open "entrance" no defense whatsoever and barely populated. The small run-away slave "haven" has better defenses.

Speaking realistically, if i were a raider, i would shoot up that town instantly and take every last supply it has.

I definitely agree with this idea

Sounds like a good idea, and feasible too.

However, the real problems happen when we get to conflicting mods. There are plenty of other mods that have set up boarded up buildings in Canterbury, and they will conflict with each other...

I haven't really been able to find any though :)

Does there exist a good mod?

However, the real problems happen when we get to conflicting mods. There are plenty of other mods that have set up boarded up buildings in Canterbury, and they will conflict with each other...

I'm not sure how popular they are, but I have a quest mods called "The Refuge" and a different mod called "Megaton Bunker."

They both use the house (as well as the door) to the left of Canterbury Town Hall, so I can only use 1 at a time. Canterbury is such an obvious pick to add more connected cells due to the various boarded up buildings. Because of this, I think that many people have made/will make their buildings here. It's too bad there's no organized way to gather all the modders and say ""Look, I call this building for my mod, you can put yours here and he can put his over there."

If you fill up Canterbury with a bunch of generic housing for generic citizens and generic traders, I will have to pass off this mod for others that provide quests. However, if you can make Canterbury into a thriving and enjoyable town, then go for it, and I would definitely approve.

I'm not sure how popular they are, but I have a quest mods called "The Refuge" and a different mod called "Megaton Bunker."

They both use the house (as well as the door) to the left of Canterbury Town Hall, so I can only use 1 at a time. Canterbury is such an obvious pick to add more connected cells due to the various boarded up buildings. Because of this, I think that many people have made/will make their buildings here. It's too bad there's no organized way to gather all the modders and say ""Look, I call this building for my mod, you can put yours here and he can put his over there."

If you fill up Canterbury with a bunch of generic housing for generic citizens and generic traders, I will have to pass off this mod for others that provide quests. However, if you can make Canterbury into a thriving and enjoyable town, then go for it, and I would definitely approve.

Should not be that defficult to revamp the houses and add some NPCs:)

But I'm afraid that if you surrond the town with a wall, then the NPC's could have some path finding problems...

Aside form that I was thinking to add the chimera tank to the town as a defence, but what would be the excuse of having such an advanced Vichele? I could use some help with the lore!

Perhaps the town could have aquired new technology from other trader caravans?

Archived