Am i the only one?

Nodtveidt

I always played solo....Followers are a pain in the back side and only get in the way, blow your stealth cover, block your shots, corner you in narrow spaces and won't let you out again, etc....much more trouble than they are worth....Though I have been using this wonderful toy for a long time...the perfect Follower....:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4034//?

I have been testing out some Human Mod Followers recently though and like Hoth, Vilja, Stenvar (Mod enhanced Stenvar) and a Follower a friend made for me out of my primary Dovahkin with the stats and AI I requested....I also use two Mods to compliment Followers, a Stealth AI Mod for Followers and one that stops them from setting off Traps....I only use one Follower at a time and have to admit Stenvar has proven my favorite, aside from the one made for me of course, but I am not going to have him run with my primary Dovahkin....twins.... :blink:

Edited by StayFrosty05

Well when I first played Skyrim on the console I got Lydia, and I ended up shooting her off a cliff. Didn't like having followers. But When I got the pc version that quickly changed. Now I have a big team, Vath, Vilja, Nuggets(Dragonborn chicken), sacman. Looking for one more follower to add to our awesome team, I usually go with quite unique followers, that have a special look to them or are very well done(such as Vilja) or are just plain silly. But yea, now a days Skyrim looks too big for me to explore alone, especially going into Dungeons, too creepy for me. Ive never really had any issues with them, there all low levels so some enemies they just weaken for me to finish them off, since i mainly use a bow and arrow. Only real issue ive had is killing Vilja, sometimes I end up shooting her in the head by accident.

Other than that is all good, I even got a house for all of us, well Me and Vilja live together, sisters hehe, and chicken, sacman and Vath live in another house, down in riverwood.

If you keep hitting your companion, you're doing something wrong. Companion goes after one enemy, I go after another enemy -> no friendly fire.

Of course this runs the risk of your companion dying, which is why I only use ones that are invincible even after they're quests are all done (though I can't of any except Serana off the top of my head). Or just give them some epic equipment.

Incidentally, I agree with Maverick, I only started using followers recently, to make things a bit more interesting.

Edited by scissorhands

not if its one enemy. We were fighting a troll, and Vilja usually cant take it by herself and for some reason instead of my arrows hitting the troll it decides to go in her head. Usually she is invincible, until I end up killing her. Usually the arrow in the head does it.

Probably because we are low leveled, I just started the other day, I'm only level 4.