I really want to buy Fallout 3... But...

KayteeG

80 hours?

You beat me. I remember my very first CTD with Fallout 3 because I had watched an alarming video review made by someone that claimed that FO3 was crashy as hell (like every 2 minutes for him).

My first CTD occurred no sooner than 64 hours into the game, and it was the vanilla Fallout 3, just patched to 1.7 (no mods, no DLCs, nothing but vanilla stuff). Pretty damn solid for a supposedly crashy game.

Now 4 CTDs in 130 hours gameplay, it only does that at anacostia crossing near rivet city ??

if i run down the stairs to the metro it crashes,If i walk slowly it dosnt ?? maybe im just superstitious he he :biggrin:

CTDs are Bethsofts way of telling you it's time to take a break. Get into the habit of making a new save every time you do something important, finish a battle, start or finish a quest, change armor or clothing, repair something or clean your inventory.

When it Crashes, get up, stretch, walk around, go get something to drink, say a few appropriate words - and reload from your last save.

Actually you really do need to take a 5 minute break every hour anyway.