Muzzle climb

r4y30n

So I've been hacking my weapon files ever since the GECK was released and ran into a realism roadblock; .308 caliber assault rifles (such as the G3 in-game) are usually accurate in semi-auto out to 500 yards or so, depending on the shooter, however when switched to full-auto the rifle quickly climbs to the sky.

Is there a way to script something similar within the GECK? Mainly all I'm looking for is something that knocks the viewpoint up (and maybe to the right) a few degrees with every shot on conventional weapons, varied by the caliber and type of weapon. So when firing semi-auto the effect is hardly noticeable. Switching to full-auto, however, your weapon should climb out of control but you can fight it by pushing the mouse in the opposite direction. Of course, if the script could also modify climb based on the player's strength, that'd be just brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently, FOSE doesn't have any functions which allow mouse movement to be emulated via script. However, OBSE does have such functions, so it is likely that they will be included in a later version of FOSE. Once these functions are available, this should be fairly easy to implement, but until then it is probably impossible.

Cipscis

Archived