Fix running animation please

taro8

Im pretty sure that many of you saw the problem with default running animation with gun holstered. After looking at animations with weapon drawn and experimenting a bit with speed modifiers, I have arrived to conclusion that the "sliding" is caused by improper animation transition.

The "start moving" and "stop moving" phases have way too many frames then they need. That is why those phases are so drawn out in time. Look at running animation with weapon drawn: there is no "sliding" at all. The actor very smoothly transit from standing to full run and back.

I have no idea if there is a need to actually edit animations to fix this problem, or if only some data editing is needed. However PLEASE someone fix this as it bugs the hell out of me.

Yup the problem is still there. There is still that second when you push or let go the forward button and your character just slides along the ground.

I did some more experiments and replaced a normal running animation with the 1H melee running animation (1hmfastforward.kf). Its still not it, but its noticeably better IMHO. Also the 1H running animation looks pretty good to be a temporary solution.

EDIT: The 2H rifle animation seems to work best of the lot. There is a bit of sliding, but its much better then normal running animation. This means that its the .kf file issue and thus: an edit to animation itself is needed.

Edited by taro8