Sniper Mod Package (All-inclusive)

Krypt 0011

I love high-stealth and sniping, but I'm disappointed by most snipers and stealth suits. But I have no skill with which to create my ideal fallout 3 sniping situation, therefore I have come up with 4 different components of what I would like in a sniper mod. I tried to balance it as best I can, and heres what I came up with:

1] M40A3 (USMC variation of the R700)

- Bolt-Action

- Optional Silencer (Slightly reduced damage while equipped)

- Longer Range

- Adjustable Zoom (4X – 6X – 8X – 10X)

- High-Powered (more damage/faster velocity)

- Optional black or camouflage

- Increased accuracy (10%) while crouched

- Steady Breathing (7 seconds + 16 second recharge time)

2] Wasteland-Matching Ghillie Suit

- +25 Sneak (While outdoors, while still)(No additional sneak while moving)

- +15 Small guns (while wearing)

- Prone ability (Only if someone thinks they can do it, only while wearing)

3] New optional spotter companion (Snipers normally work in pairs, one rifleman and one spotter)

- Extremely high perception, high Intelligence and endurance, but Low strength and agility

- Tells the player about possible threats

- 80 sneak

- Dressed in ghillie suit and armed with an assault rifle and pistol

- Irremovable items (cannot be used as a 'pack mule' either)

4] “spotter lens” item (somewhat like the pressure cooker from Moira)

- +1 perception (while carried)

- +10% accuracy (while carried)

- Cost in weight (about 7.5 lbs)

I'm aware that there might already be several mods similar to parts of what I want, but I'm looking for 1, all-inclusive mod as to reduce clutter and make everything that much easier, not to mention compatible.

A good idea, with a couple small problems.

The prone position should not be limited to ghillie suit wearers. If it is possible to implement, it should be available regardless of clothing (except perhaps power armor).

As for the sneak increase with the ghillie suit, why not make it +5 while standing, +10 while crouched and +25 when prone?

Oh, and modern silencers do not affect ballistics, so damage would be the same with or without it. Sub-sonic ammo is what reduces power and range, and it does so drastically (supersonic rifle cartridges often send their bullets out the barrel at mach 2 or greater), thus it is only used in a few close range scenarios.

Moving on, the spotter and sniper are interchangeable, often times they switch off shooting and spotting so in a way it would make sense to only give him a sidearm.

And if your aim is total realism, I would suggest adding bullet drop and attempting to replicate the .308 Winchester's ballistics. With that done, a mil-dot scope with accurate markings would be a must, although with a variable power scope the reticle would have to be treated as if it was in the second focal plane (as far as I know, the engine won't allow reticles to zoom with the image), meaning that the mils would only be accurate at a specific zoom level.

Well from what I've heard from modders, prone won't be possible, but if someone can do it and they feel it shoulr apply to everything than that's up to the actual creater. I just wanted it to be a perk for wearing the ghillie suit.

As for the spotter I want to give him an assault rifle because I don't want the player to be able to give him items or take them. He's just there because he's got extremely high perception and can tell the player about enimies before they player even realizes it. It's my attempt at trying to balance everything.

I'm not going for extreme realism either. Like sub-sonic/supersonic bullets and how they act in real life is not an issue. I only want to make it more powerful and accurate than the original sniper rifle. as for the zoom I've seen it on other sniper mods so I know it's possible.

I'm only looking for a modder or a group of modders who want to take on all or even part of my project, I really want this to happen so if anyone wants to help I'll worship you. :thanks:

Archived