Please, Catch me up?

Cipherthe3vil

I haven't had internet for the past three months. I finally have it again as of yesterday and looking through the Nexus and Youtube a minute ago I realized I have no idea where to start.

Any must-haves in the past three months?

Any new SKSE or what not? Skyrim updates? new Essential Mods?

Not really... tho SkyTweak is really good.

Everything just got updated, new stuff added... higher res versions of things and so on... few new mods which are nice, mostly body textures and weapons/armors though... you haven't missed the world in 3 months ;)

There have been content mods like Helgen Reborn, Civil War Overhaul, and my own Enhanced Skyrim Factions: The Companions Guild that aim to give players some long-awaited opportunities: rebuild Helgen, play more of a crucial role in a more dynamic civil war, avoid being forced to be a werewolf in the Companions questline.

There have been some other good quest mods like The Lost Wonders of Mzark and and English version of The Shadow of Meresis.

The Moonlight Tales werewolf overhaul.

The Sounds of Skyrim mod set was fixed and is available again.

Several SKSE updates, an updated SkyUI with a revised favorites menu.

More aMidianBorn armor retextures and lots of other good new armors.

Etc.

I'd suggest a look at the Mods of the Month for the past few months, and also if you go to the Top Files list you can have it show you the most endorsed mods released in the past two months.

I noticed SKSE. My skyrim version says .8 at the end... .8 isn't mentioned on SKSE's page. Is it the same? Or should I wait until SKSE is updated (If it needs to be)?

I noticed SKSE. My skyrim version says .8 at the end... .8 isn't mentioned on SKSE's page. Is it the same? Or should I wait until SKSE is updated (If it needs to be)?

SKSE should be all up to date. The version number never matches the patch number. For example, I think SKSE 1.6 is meant for patch 1.8. O.o

Just get the latest Skyrim patch and the latest version of SKSE and it'll work. The version numbers don't match up, but they aren't intended to.

Some good mods have released, mostly tweaking AI and specific gameplay mechanics though, nothing world-changing. Most of the huge mods have already released for Skyrim, and are just getting updates now.