Recommended major graphics mods for high-end computer?

erikolaix

Hello,

I've ordered a high-end computer (with GeForce GTX 770) and will play Skyrim for the first time. Is there an overview of core recommended graphics mods which are compatible with each other? In example, some interesting ones are:

Better Dynamic Snow

Climates of Tamriel

Enhanced Night Skyrim

Pure Water

Realistic Lighting With Customization

Skyrim Flora Overhaul

Static Mesh Improvement Mod

Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux

Wet and Cold

It's tricky for a newcomer to figure out which ones go together and not, so I'd appreciate any advice on a core selection of high quality ones. Not necessarily among the ones I listed.

A selection of 2-4 core mods (large overhauls?) would be ideal.

Thanks for your time. :smile:

Edited by eriknm

I would HIGHLY recommend grabbing 1k textures for exterior spaces (rocks, trees, etc) and 2k textures for most armor, weapons, and interiors. The reason is that no matter how powerful your system is, Skyrim is run on a 32 bit platform which has an absolute ceiling of about 4GB RAM usage and a realistic ceiling ~3GB. I would also suggest you use DDSOPT to optimize most of your bigger textures and check out Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited Guide

Also, Lush Grass + Lush Trees, (goes great with flora overhaul, think it requires a patch) an ENB adds a lot, Superb ENB RL is one of the bests, Seasons of Skyrim is another great one.

Anything by aMidianborn (AMB) is a MUST have. (armor and weapon textures replacers)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm nearing the end of the mod configuration process, and ended up following nearly all the advice here. Incidentally, I landed on the combination of ENBSeries + SkyRealism for now (primarily because the latter was highly recommended in the S.T.E.P. Guide).

Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm nearing the end of the mod configuration process, and ended up following nearly all the advice here. Incidentally, I landed on the combination of ENBSeries + SkyRealism for now (primarily because the latter was highly recommended in the S.T.E.P. Guide).

Don't overdo it with the graphic mods. I recently built myself a high end system of

I5 3570k @4ghz

8 gb ram

Gtx 780 Superclocked

And I get good FPS EXCEPT in highly dense forest areas. But I had over 50 mods so maybe that's why :p