Stamina, Whats the point?

oolongdao

I dont mean to troll if that is what is seems. I have to ask the question of the usefulness of stamina. a wizard without magic is dead and forced to rely on skills he might not have, a warrior without health is dead, and a theif without stamina cant run meaning he's less likely to get caught. while it is tru that stamina allows you to escape fights you cant win think to a point in the game when you actually got the chance to run from a enemy you couldn't beat. In my case it never happens unless im werewolf, and even then rarely. No matter how you play health is needed, magic is dubious even for a pure mage, and stamina is even less useful than that, at best it allows you to carry more. so other than RPing is there any point to ever selecting it?

try some different combat mods and you will know how important stamina is

plus it increases your carrying weight , try hauling your armour weapon,s , tent and bedroll , food and drink and fire wood wiwell you get the idea

ooh and dual wielding weapon warriors , the more power attacks you can do the faster they die with enough stamina you can litterly whirlwind yourself thru a whole pack of deathlords without even a scratch

Edited by kleinstaff

With Skyre enabled, Stamina becomes real important real quickly. Running dry in a group battle buggers up blocking and mobility and pretty much Guarantees an instant death situation. But yeah, vannila skyrim, it's worthless and stamina potions pretty much become vendor-fodder.

Edited by Grayfell

and stamina potions pretty much become vendor-fodder.

Someone should make a scripted mod for people playing vanilla that would actually let them throw stamina potions at the vendor... just for the heck of it. "Hey! Watch it!"

With combat mods, you're gonna need stamina or you're going to die pretty easily when you just do like 10-25% damage when your stamina runs dry.... and not being able to run away doesn't help either :wink:

And playing a rogue matters because..............................?

If youre implying usage of a bow drains stamina, it does not drain stamina in the vanilla game, only after you have installed combat mods does it drain stamina.

Someone should make a scripted mod for people playing vanilla that would actually let them throw stamina potions at the vendor... just for the heck of it. "Hey! Watch it!"

Hell, I'd pay fer that. Or even some kind of throwable explosive bottles maybe, like an alchemists fyre or something. Wonder if'n I can adapt Dragonborn's comical exploding spiders to it.

Damn you, now the gears in my head are whirling again. :3

I am lvl 116 now, playing on legendary difficult lvl and enhanced dragons and mobs a bit by Deadly Dragons (not much, + 50% higher base attributes and some more damage).

I am a Vampire with zero default stamina regen. My favorite play styles are:

1) Dualwielding light armor class who also heavily relies on bow usage (and it does drain stamina if you use the Eagle Eye perk, in the vanilla game too)

2) heavy armor twohanded warrior class

I have over 500 stamina (without enchanted gear) and it is not enough, I drink stamina potions like apple juice. At my lvl Skyrim will create almost only high level NPCs with tons of health. On legendary your damage is decreased and you need a while to hit a Briarheart or a legendary dragon to pieces. I raise my stats on even lvl (500 magicka, 500 stamina and a bit more than 500 health at moment, I will push up health from now on for a while).

I hate playing as a mage class, maybe it needs some mods to actually scale player magic damage well, but me seems - even with almost all perks in destruction and other trees - magic damage is far behind in this game in compare to physical damage by max improved and enchanted weapons (and I use no mod that alters weapon base damage or adds overpowered weapons at all).

..but ok, without being a vampire and without legendary difficulty and an enhanced dificulty lvl by DD you won't need stamina potions.