Weird problem with low res textures on first person models

Selene310187

As soon as my character equips an outfit, its first model has low res textures:

After re-opening the Pip-Boy the texture becomes normal again. I experience this problem with every outfit including modded ones.

What I did:

- tested it with and without mods

- regenerated .ini files

- updated the drivers of the graphics card

- reinstalled the game

- tested various mip map settings in the .ini

- tested the game on other hardware

Both machines (desktop and notebook) have a Nvidia graphics card and a Ryzen processor.

Everything worked fine in June. The only thing that changed since then were the Windows updates. I tried to uninstall them but some couldn't be uninstalled.

What else can I try?

Looks like it's a slow texture rendering, it's been there since it's a part of the vanilla FO4 and it's engine. Try setting your iTexMipMapSkip to -1 on your Fallout4Prefs. See if it fixes that.

Looks like it's a slow texture rendering, it's been there since it's a part of the vanilla FO4 and it's engine. Try setting your iTexMipMapSkip to -1 on your Fallout4Prefs. See if it fixes that.

I already tried that but the glitch still persists.

Is Fallout 4 installed on an HDD?

It's installed on a SSD.

I used to run FO4 on an HDD before my rig upgrade and haven't got that issue, texture pop-ins sure but low texture rendering seems also a part of the game engine itself. You know, Bethesda and their left over stuffs.

Windows Updates is probably not the culprit. I tested the game on a separate Linux partition on my notebook and it has the same issue. So, I believe that the graphics card's drivers could be responsible. But making rollbacks and installing the new version didn't change anything. It's really mysterious as everything worked as intended before.

Hmmm suppose you've also tried tinkering with VideoMemorySizeMb in enblocal? If yes, I'm literally not sure what causing it this time. Seems you've already tried every possible tweaks. Hopefully you'll figure what causing it, goodluck!

No, sorry, this didn't solve the glitch. As you said, I tried every possible tweak. Maybe some future driver updates will fix it. I need to learn to live with it until then. Thank you for trying to help me. I really appreciate it :smile:

No, sorry, this didn't solve the glitch. As you said, I tried every possible tweak. Maybe some future driver updates will fix it. I need to learn to live with it until then. Thank you for trying to help me. I really appreciate it :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah perhaps it's the game itself, hopefully those future driver updates would solve it. and you're welcome anytime.