Jermungand

(Ignore the tag on my post. I was used to an older system that used the space below the post's name as a subheading)

I've been too busy over the past year for Skyrim (let alone getting mods), and I've just decided to start downloading mods and overhauling my game. I haven't done this since Oblivion, so it's pretty daunting.

After the DLCs, I decided that installing CoT was a reasonable way to start. Enter my conundrum: When I install the patches for CoT, NMM asks me if I want to replace a file. This was pretty routine when modding Oblivion, so I hit "yes". The checkmark next to the original CoT mod changed from a checkmark to an "X", which also happened to the first patch when I installed a second one. Is that okay, or is CoT no longer going to work? Also: What if I want to reconfigure the options for my original CoT installation? Will I have to reinstall it and then reinstall the patches?

While on the topic of CoT, I'd like to know if there are more ways of tweaking it. I think it would be a good thing to know when I pair it with RLO. I'd like the two together in a way that brings out the best of both worlds, if I can.

If anyone could impart any other helpful advice to give someone who's just begun the entire modding process, please do! :smile:

EDIT: Whatever it was I did with the CoT installation that I mentioned above, Skyrim now crashes when I start it.

Edited by Jermungand