How to remove the sun from Climates of Tamriel mod ?

Cysia

Ok thx,

I might try more alien skyrim's sun if I can get vanilla sun back.

Cot's suns really seems to be there: Textures/sky/climatesoftamriel

I tried to install another sun mod there and it worked.

I did manage to unpack the bsa file and remove sun & sunglare.dds files,

but I don't know how to repack it into a bsa file, are you sure BSAopt is able to repack fodlers into a bsa file ?

Plus I don't know what degree of comrpession I should sue, by default, BSAopt uses 10(maximum) compression, should I use less ?

Thx

If you placed new textures into textures\sky\climatesoftamriel then indeed you overwrite Cot's ones...

Instead of repacking it, simply re-install CoT.... those manual files into the sky\climatesoftamriel\ will still overwrite the ones in the cot bsa archive, whether they are there or not (I run the same way without issues)

prod80 =>

I did what you explained to me with tes5edit, changed the names of sun and sunglare files to match the default sun files...

AND IT WORKED!!!! :biggrin:

Thx a lot to both of you for taking the time to help me, even just for a stupid sun :yucky:

=> prod80:

"Instead of repacking it, simply re-install CoT.... those manual files into the sky\climatesoftamriel\ will still overwrite the ones in the cot bsa archive, whether they are there or not (I run the same way without issues)"

I alwready tried this before, but it didn't work:

" After deleting the sun files, I tried to use the unpacked files instead by copying them in the data folder (textures and soudns packs), as if I was making a manual installation, but it did not work, I had a light bug in the sky.

So maybe I really need a BSA files to match with my esm and the back file, or maybe it did work but this mod is bugging on my installation with the defaut sun."

According to Artmurder, the Cot.esm I installed is a NMM version, so it NEEDS a bsa file, or it will consider to be incomplete and won't work properly.

=> Artmurder:

"The ESM/ESP files for the version that included the BSA will reference the BSA, and if it's not present, it will not work correctly, sadly, even if all the files are unpacked in the proper folders."

Edited by Cysia

=> prod80:

"Instead of repacking it, simply re-install CoT.... those manual files into the sky\climatesoftamriel\ will still overwrite the ones in the cot bsa archive, whether they are there or not (I run the same way without issues)"

I alwready tried this before, but it didn't work:

Create this folder:

Data\textures\sky\climatesoftamriel

Place sun.dds and sunglare.dds (you must have both or you get bugs) in there

Works just fine. The loose files will overwrite the bsa files.

I run like this... no problem whatsoever...

However that does not give you the vanilla sun as you requested... only pointing the CoT esm to the normal location of the sun/sunglare (inside textures\sky) and removing the sun/sunglare from that folder will have the game turn to the vanilla textures (inside the official textures bsa) instead.

Yes I know.

I only meant I tried what Artmurder adviced me to do.

To unpack the bsa file of coT, it gives all the dds files, then get rid of the sun files, and then repack the remaining files into a new bsa files.

I managed to unpack the initial bsa file, but not to repack it.

I thought you adviced me that instead of trying to repack it, I could delete the initial bsa file from the data folder of skyrim, and place the unpack dds files without the sun files.

But I alwready tried that and it did not work since I am using a NMM install, and apparently this version of CoT.esm needs its own bsa file to work, so repack the files into a bsa files is essential, it can't use the equivalent dds files alone.

But CoT + vanilla sun are running very fine right now anyway thx to you prod80 :)

Edited by Cysia