need help negative gold when selling!

slb97

Hey there, when I sell an item i get negative gold values, not in my inventory though. Basically, when i sell an item I have to pay the npc lol and this is even more prominent when trying to sell higher value items. I run lots of mods but i'm not sure how these would cause a problem with the selling in skyrim. Any help would be greatly appreciated

• 1 month later...

Sorry to chime in too without an answer but I have the same issue, and have no idea what mod could be causing it. Items have their normal value in the inventory screen, but when selling they are all 0 or less. The higher the usual value for the item, the lower below 0 it is, but it has a less absolute value than the original. Anyone else seen this before and have any idea which mod could be causing it? I tried disabling any mod I could think that could have anything to do with the item value such as immersive armors andsmithing expansions with no luck.

If a merchant you've dealt with has more than 32000gp then it messes up the trading system, it's not a Mod introduced bug but a bug in the game itself. If it's persistent, try setting the amount of gold a merchant has to 0 using the console.
When you next go trading, I'd suggest opening the console, clicking on the merchant and use the command removeitem f 32000
Then try buying something from them to see if that's sorted things out. After that, be sure to check the merchants available gold and, if it goes above 32000, make sure to reduce it before you continue trading or leave them.
I tend to make sure that I don't leave a merchant without reducing their available gold to 10000 or less and that seems to keep things working.

• 9 months later...

Could this bug also be what's causing my Alteration to go down to a constantly-fluctuating negative number? Example: my base is 64, but on my skills menu there's a big red -246, so I use the console to set it to 247 and it says it's now at -4, so I add 4 more and it's -8, so I get mad and subtract 4 and it turns into a totally random (still negative) number. But I've noticed, whenever this item bug value hits, if I check my skills then my Alteration's guaranteed to be -200-something.

EDIT: I have no visible active effects telling me that something's hurting my Alteration, it still does it even when completely naked, and praying at a shrine does nothing to make this go away.

SECOND EDIT: Never mind, I know what I did and I've fixed it.

Edited by JetpackAngel

• 4 years later...

Hey there, when I sell an item i get negative gold values, not in my inventory though. Basically, when i sell an item I have to pay the npc lol and this is even more prominent when trying to sell higher value items. I run lots of mods but i'm not sure how these would cause a problem with the selling in skyrim. Any help would be greatly appreciated

same here :(