SSAO won't work

Jermungand

I'll give all of that a try in a little while. I found a 0.149 update for this ENB, but I'm afraid that installing it could mean a whole new can of worms. What are these "binaries", and what's the issue with them?

That's not a whole new can of worms, there's improvements and bug fixes in the newer versions :smile: Using an old version is usually a can of worms... Just try and download something like Project ENB, Sharpshooter ENB or RealVision ... (and much more) those all use more up to date versions and are working and supported well.

Just make sure you download the correct "binary" (=ENB .dll version) for the ENB mod you choose to try and you should be fine. Any problems with an ENB can easily be fixed by just removing the ENB files including the .dll from your skyrim folder (removing the .dll is already enough to disable everything, but for being save, remove all the rest as well) ... if you're unsure which files came with the ENB, just download the mod again and check the files inside.

You have to download the ENB .dll from the ENB dev website... and the version which the ENB mod from here indicates... so if the mod says it is for ENB binary 0.119, you have to download 0.119 from ENB dev website... you need only the d3d9.dll file from the Wrapper folder in the download, nothing else.

There don't appear to be any download links on the enb website. This is as far as I got: http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1038

Where's the download link?

In any case, the mod I downloaded already came with a d3d9.dll file. Is this file the only thing I should be going to the enb site for? If so, it would seem like the root of the problem must be somewhere else.

Strange that the author would include a d3d9.dll file that doesn't work.

Is there a reason to use the d3d9.dll file instead of the ENB injector?

Also, there's an ambient occlusion option on my NVIDIA control panel. Would it make a difference if I turned it on?

Edited by Jermungand