Morag Tong?

Kinkybabe

Been interested in re making the Morag Tong. Who else would be interested in seeing it reappear?

Now with Skyrims latest expansion which happily puts a small bit of Morrowind right into Skyrim, I don't see why the Morag Tong couldn't have also moved out to the Island. With a nice little quest line, half way through, they could then make a new HQ right in Skyrim, and continue their work.

The whole idea behind it, could even influence the Civil War, I suppose. Or their reasonings. Since they were officially sanctioned as an official guild by the Empire in Morrowind, they could easily start focusing on Storm cloak supporters who the Imperials deem worthy of executing. Including some of Ulfrics, generals, and commanders. I think it would be very fun all together.

Would anyone else be interested in a mod like this which adds the Morag Tong?

I myself have a "Good" assassin. But its impossible to RP as a "Good" assassin in the Dark Brotherhood.

Edited by Kinkybabe

I would love this! I've a Morag Tong Grandmaster who's been with me since MW and has been doing her level best to destroy the DB ever since. She would certainly relish the chance to regain a post in the Guild or help it rebuild.

I would love this! I've a Morag Tong Grandmaster who's been with me since MW and has been doing her level best to destroy the DB ever since. She would certainly relish the chance to regain a post in the Guild or help it rebuild.

Hmm.. If I decide I have enough time to make this mod, perhaps I could use your character as the main NPC?

Edit: I really want to establish the "writs" as well. The official assassination right you get on a marked target. If any Guard ends up trying to arrest you, a knew "Present Writ" option appears, if you have the writ in your possession for the marked NPC, any bounty or negative effects are removed, and your let off.

However, your reward is still decreased for being spotted, since the Morag Tong still likes its assassins to work in secret.

Edited by Kinkybabe

Hmm.. If I decide I have enough time to make this mod, perhaps I could use your character as the main NPC?

Edit: I really want to establish the "writs" as well. The official assassination right you get on a marked target. If any Guard ends up trying to arrest you, a knew "Present Writ" option appears, if you have the writ in your possession for the marked NPC, any bounty or negative effects are removed, and your let off.

However, your reward is still decreased for being spotted, since the Morag Tong still likes its assassins to work in secret.

As far as it is known, the Morag Tong are legal only in Morrowind and are outlawed in every other part of Tamriel. So presenting the writ would most likely get the assassin killed and not freed. Also even though Morag Tong is a secretive guild, they don't really care much for stealth as most of their contracts, excuse me WRITS, are the so called Honorable Writs and require the assasin to kill the target in, bassicaly, fair combat.

As far as it is known, the Morag Tong are legal only in Morrowind and are outlawed in every other part of Tamriel. So presenting the writ would most likely get the assassin killed and not freed. Also even though Morag Tong is a secretive guild, they don't really care much for stealth as most of their contracts, excuse me WRITS, are the so called Honorable Writs and require the assasin to kill the target in, bassicaly, fair combat.

True, but its still an Imperial official guild. Since Morrowind is now on the island, almost literally, they'd still be within their right as a guild. Since the Imperials also control most of skyrim, or are attempting too, I'd think that the Morag Tong would have some leniency within the borders due to the war, even if in normal times they'd be outlawed. Think of it like a war-time right of assassination.

Either way, they'd still be fully within their rights on the island, since it was given to Morrowind, and falls under Morrowind laws.

Perhaps it would be best to keep up a pretense of secrecy.

So that the player if caught by an Empirical guard or soldier presents their writ and still goes to jail - but is then secretly released, so the Empire can pretend to still condemn assassins while employing their own. Of course, since the Morag Tong believes in honorable assassination, being caught, placed in jail and released would decrease ones character rankings in the guild as well as a decrease in pay because the employment of underhanded means would make the player little better than the Dark Brotherhood.

This distaste for underhanded duplicity could eventually lead to a reason for the player, now Guildmaster, to attempt to establish contracts with both the Thalmor and the Stormcloaks, allowing the Morag Tong to once more rise as an impartial bringer of death in the name of Mephala.

Well Morrowind is not really on the island, Solsteim is more like a gift to the refugees from Vvardenfell. Most of the Morrowind goverment and population are on the mainland.
Talking about the Imperial Official guild, even though they are legal in Morrowind they would never be used by anyone outside Morrowind, because it is twice easier to use the Dark Brotherhood witch, in the old days and during Dragonborn's guidance, are the most dangerous and succesfully working guild of assasins within the Empire's border.
Also Morag Tong is a traditional dumer guild that was created during their time as Chimer. That is bassicaly the only reason why they were allowed to continiue their existance, that and the fact that Tiber didn't want to have trouble with Almsivi.

Perhaps it would be best to keep up a pretense of secrecy.

So that the player if caught by an Empirical guard or soldier presents their writ and still goes to jail - but is then secretly released, so the Empire can pretend to still condemn assassins while employing their own. Of course, since the Morag Tong believes in honorable assassination, being caught, placed in jail and released would decrease ones character rankings in the guild as well as a decrease in pay because the employment of underhanded means would make the player little better than the Dark Brotherhood.

This distaste for underhanded duplicity could eventually lead to a reason for the player, now Guildmaster, to attempt to establish contracts with both the Thalmor and the Stormcloaks, allowing the Morag Tong to once more rise as an impartial bringer of death in the name of Mephala.

That could work..

Well Morrowind is not really on the island, Solsteim is more like a gift to the refugees from Vvardenfell. Most of the Morrowind goverment and population are on the mainland.

Talking about the Imperial Official guild, even though they are legal in Morrowind they would never be used by anyone outside Morrowind, because it is twice easier to use the Dark Brotherhood witch, in the old days and during Dragonborn's guidance, are the most dangerous and succesfully working guild of assasins within the Empire's border.

Also Morag Tong is a traditional dumer guild that was created during their time as Chimer. That is bassicaly the only reason why they were allowed to continiue their existance, that and the fact that Tiber didn't want to have trouble with Almsivi.

is there no reason we couldn't make up the excuse that the current leader in the capital wishes to extend the Morag Tongs influence in skyrim to help the civil war, etc. Help keep the land under their control, especially with the problem of the Altmeri coming down ontop of them.

While the Dark Brotherhood may be "better". During the start of the skyrim they are more or less a rag tag group until you help them. That being said, they also work in a different fashion. Thus depending on the target, the Morag Tong may be better suited.

Speaking from a logical stand point, governments tend to like to hire those they can control the most. Dark Brotherhood listens only to the night mother, and the contractee. Not who they are affiliated with. However, the Imperials would have a much easier time controlling the Morag Tong. Since the Morag Tong exists, only because the Imperials deem them a necessary attribute.

In-fact, that could be part of the plot. The Imperials blame the Dark Brotherhood whenever a Morag Tong assassin is captured. However after proceeding to show them the writ, you are released from prison secretly with no issues, and your bounty is dropped. However, your cut of the payments for the contract is also cut in half for being caught.

Likewise if you lose, drop, or sell your Writ, and make the kill, and are captured. The Morag Tong refuses to acknowledge you, and you have to spend your time in prison, and get no reward.

Edited by Kinkybabe

One more fact, the Penitos Oculatos is not just a personal guard of the Emperor, but also his personal assasins. And are oftenly used by the Mede dinasty to take out those who are a threat to the throne.

Still even with me here ranting on about the idea, I would actually like to see some Morag Tong in Skyrim, even though they would never set their foot on Tamrielic soil normally.
As an idea I would actually say that using the Civil war is not a good idea, since many players already compleated it and many actually chosen the Stormcloak side. So I would suggest to use the fact that House Hlaalu is almost eradicated, and after the Dragonborn incident many other Houses would use Morag Tong services to take out the most annoying members of the rival House.

Edited by Russianwalstelander

One more fact, the Penitos Oculatos is not just a personal guard of the Emperor, but also his personal assasins. And are oftenly used by the Mede dinasty to take out those who are a threat to the throne.

Still even with me here ranting on about the idea, I would actually like to see some Morag Tong in Skyrim, even though they would never set their foot on Tamrielic soil normally.

As an idea I would actually say that using the Civil war is not a good idea, since many players already compleated it and many actually chosen the Stormcloak side. So I would suggest to use that House Hlaalu is almost eradicated, and after the Dragonborn incident I many other Houses would use Morag Tongs services to take out the most annoying members of the rival House.

Hmm.. I can't believe I didn't think of this myself. Using the House Hlaalu, (and possibly other houses) that would be perfect actually, great idea ^.^. Perhaps it could all start with a behind the curtain setup between the House Hlaalu farm in Skyrim, and the Morag Tong on the island? hmm...