Trouble with signing a mod, and adding a new description

scarycave

Hi forums, I'm having a bit of trouble "signing" a mod and giving it a new description. Every time I modify either box, either by changing "default" to "scarycave", or typing in a single character, the Geck will freeze in place, and make "ping" noises when clicked on. It will always remain in the top screen regardless of alt-tab, and can not be click and dragged around the screen. It can only be closed by using the task manager, which will report that the Geck has crashed.

I don't think its necessary to sign a mod, but I put the time and effort into it. If I can't figure it out though I'll just release the mod as is.

I'm using the steam version of FO3 if that helps.

I am not sure why the Geck freezes when editing the CNAM (author) or SNAM (description) fields. I'm sure you've installed the latest patch for the geck, right (V 1.5 IIRC)? It's also an esp and not an esm, right?

But, you can also edit those fields using FO3Edit. Just open your mod with FO3Edit, and expand your mod's tree and click on the Header record, you should see those two fields there and should be able to make changes that way if you wish.

I am not sure why the Geck freezes when editing the CNAM (author) or SNAM (description) fields. I'm sure you've installed the latest patch for the geck, right (V 1.5 IIRC)? It's also an esp and not an esm, right?

But, you can also edit those fields using FO3Edit. Just open your mod with FO3Edit, and expand your mod's tree and click on the Header record, you should see those two fields there and should be able to make changes that way if you wish.

Tried using the FO3 edit and it worked! Thanks for your help. Looks like I can finally release that trait mod now, or the first version of it.