The Imperial Shipyards

mhahn123

A large scale mod which addresses shipping in Cyrodiil...or the complete lack thereof. This project will add actual ship building yards and/or docks in each port city. I.e. Anvil, Bravil, Leyawiin, and the IC Waterfront. Additionally it adds more than a dozen new, custom textured ships throughout the game. Will also incorporate the models and textures from my previous mod " Improved Waterfront Ships" which will give a facelift to all five of the named vanilla ships.

I've had this mod in the planning and development stages for over a year now already. Unfortunately due to an aging pc and eventual HD crash I lost the esp and had to start over from scratch with only my notes and resources. A good deal of the groundwork has already been laid out again. The landscaping in IC area is done. Leyawiin landscaping is about 85%, Anvil about 75%. Bravil is problematic for one major reason.

I purposely made an effort to plan around Better Cities and keep conflicts to a bare minimum. Better Cities Bravil port takes up most of the useable space in the waterways. While I have found a small area to use...it's only just started as far as landscaping goes. I have already tested and planned out for patches with Better Cities, UL Imperial Isle, and Region Revive.

Two things I really wanted to incorporate with this are 1) a shipping schedule wherein the ships move from port to port on a schedule 2) the existence of both an Imperial Navy and a Coast Guard. always bothered me that there was a Coast Guard building but no ships, very few people manning it and no uniforms for those that do.

Resources are almost entirely done at this point. I've borrowed a few really nice things and have all my permissions in order now. Don't want to go into too great of detail here as to what is in store, but there will be a lot of custom resources for realism and immersion.

Just wanted to post this to make people aware of the project and drum up some interest. I will be uploading a VERY beta file in the next day or so for people to explore and get an idea of what things will look like. Just keep in mind that it is still in the early stages and things may change to a greater or lesser extent depending on challenges.

I may even be in the market for a helping hand on this if anyone has the desire. Anyway here is an older screen shot of the IC drydock to whet your appetite.

Edited by mhahn123

No I don't think so. Most of what I am developing falls outside the cities proper. In some cases way outside. Kind of goes against what BC's main focus has always been. As stated this has been designed right from the start to live in harmony with Better Cities, with a bare minimum of patching required, although it will work just fine without BC also.

I would love to be able to do that. The scripting for it is possible. The limitation..at least on my end is lack of models to make the transitions. It would require several models of ships in various stages of completion. Right now all that is available are a few types of basic framework or fully built. I simply don't have the modeling skills to make anything else...but I've used my imagination to try and portray ship building as much as possible.

Thanks for the tip Vyper,

But already got them all. The screenie up above is one of the cog ships from Mr siika's pack. I have since done several retextes of each of his models. And others from some less well known sources. Also have all the crane resources that have been retexed to use wood and stone native to each city.

Thanks for the votes guys. Been spending the last few days trying to get the resources files in order and update some things. When I started this project ....lets just say I knew a lot less than I know now... :confused:. So things required a little fixin up. Basically re-working folder structure so it made some kind of sense..I had so many things in random folders...with no naming convention at all. Re-working some textures that needed it. Re-working some meshes that were done when I really didn't understand collision..and so on.

Guess this is why the veterans tell you to start small..hehe. It's so much easier to do a large project when you start it right to begin with. But almost done cleaning up my own mess now. Hope to have things sorted out enough to post a file sometime this week.

P.S. Here's a screenie of the Leyawiin Coast Guard area and some of the new ships

Edited by mhahn123