Undead floating in the air and walking after being killed

Fractalbase

Basically, undead (draugr, anything that uses draugr resources it seems) after being killed will float in the air and usually continue walking. This is quite annoying.

This issue doesn't seem to happen to humanoids/elves or other creatures, but I'm unsure of the extent.

In the past I had Ultimate Combat and FNIS and undead would t-pose and not move. This only went away when I didn't have Ultimate Combat installed, or after I upgraded to Nemesis.

I've read the Ultimate Combat page and I've seen this issue mentioned in two of the bugs. Some comments suggest that people got rid of this issue by uninstalling UC.

My situation is that this issue appeared when I did not have UC installed or used its Nemesis patch.

I do have Ultimate Combat Creature Compatibility installed, and I've used the Nemesis patch, because I get an error with Nemesis if I don't have UCCC installed.

I've seen people also mention Sands of Time as a culprit, and I have been trying that out, but the issue still exists without SoT.

I'll try without UC again and see what happens. But at this point I'm ready to try the old fashioned method and disable plugins until the issue stops.

My one concern is that the issue isn't due to a plugin but some kind of loose file(s) I have installed.

TL;DR -- has anyone encountered this weird issue before, and if so, how did you solve it? If you haven't, can you offer suggestions to me on how I can figure this out?