Moonlight

TenShadows

I don't think I will ever be truly satisfied with Skyrim's lighting situation. Without any mods, it's all just so bright that it being night or me being in a dungeon doesn't matter at all: it's utterly unrealistic, unexciting, and boring. With a mod - I've been using Realistic Lighting for most of the time - these things are fixed and it is actually exciting to run around... except now I'm very nearly literally blind in the wilderness night, usually having near-zero clue on where I am running. A torch helps very little. Just a few minutes ago I jumped off a cliff into my death because I didn't see it was there.

It's during such nights that I look up into the starry sky, and I wonder... why the hell are those moons so dark and lifeless?

In the real world, and especially in fiction, a full moon casts a fantastic silvery light to all creation that makes it nearly as bright as it were during the day, but in the eerie sort of way. It's easy to see but also moody and magical. In Skyrim, both Masser and Secunda are entirely black, which is both boring and results in me running down deadly cliffs. Yet, in spite of going through both Nexus and Steam Workshop several times, I've never found a mod that would add some light to them: turn them into another sun or something, one that comes up during night and whose lighting depends on the phase of the two moons.

I mean, I'd guess this would be a pretty difficult thing to do, but it's not like you haven't done even crazier stuff already. Have I just missed some obvious mod, or is it really that no one ever made one?