New Gasmask - gotta see!. (95% complete new mod)

kennyimpala

ok so since every time I requested something, they were like "oh I hate modeling" so I said SCREW! them, and I started doind my own modeling, to give the generosity noone ever game me when I made a request.......

I started 2 days ago and I need help with 2 thing

1. How the hell do I export these meshes properly so they show up

2. How can I set GECK to use the new mask as an accesory and not a headwear (look at the picture and you will understand.

thanks kenny

need more info just reply

and of course give me feedback on the mesh, which was a request I made and it only took me about 4 hours to make (is in alpha still because I have to git rid of some polys to make it able to see trought the goggles of the gas mask in third person [see the eyes])

Im going to upload because I dont feel like going to a wesite just to put the image here

actually my question is how the hell I put this in the game (notice this is a replacement of the gas mask mod)

and sorry if my post bothers you, Im just trying to bring stuff to the comunity, u guys that are more experienced probably can hel, me idonno anything really, I started modeling without watching any tutorials or anything...... but now I just read how to put meshes ingame using nifscope..... well I dont get it, probably and advice can help.

and if you want the file you can just ask for it...... if you know what to do with it

(but don't release it without giving me credits)

thanks

Very nice looking mask man. If you have already exported it as a Nif file. All you have to do is grab an existing helmet similar to yours and replace the NitristripsData with the one from your mask. Have the texture and Normal maps done. When you patse your nitristrip into the other Nif our mesh may look all screwed up in Nifscope. That’s because it doesn’t have the texture assigned to it. Click on BSShaderTextureSet, look at the block details, click on textures and assign the texture and normal map to your mesh.

Let me make a suggestion. Make a separate mesh for the glass goggle part of the mask with a separate texture. Then you can add an effect to the glass, make it reflective for example and you can adjust the opacity by using the alpha slider in the NimaterialsProperty. That will make them transparent without messing with the rest of the mask. Remember when you’re done pasting your mesh into the other nif to update the tangent space on the Nitrishape or your game will CTD.

I’m sure this didn’t really help at all, but I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it eventually.

Very nice looking mask man. If you have already exported it as a Nif file. All you have to do is grab an existing helmet similar to yours and replace the NitristripsData with the one from your mask. Have the texture and Normal maps done. When you patse your nitristrip into the other Nif our mesh may look all screwed up in Nifscope. That’s because it doesn’t have the texture assigned to it. Click on BSShaderTextureSet, look at the block details, click on textures and assign the texture and normal map to your mesh.

Let me make a suggestion. Make a separate mesh for the glass goggle part of the mask with a separate texture. Then you can add an effect to the glass, make it reflective for example and you can adjust the opacity by using the alpha slider in the NimaterialsProperty. That will make them transparent without messing with the rest of the mask. Remember when you’re done pasting your mesh into the other nif to update the tangent space on the Nitrishape or your game will CTD.

I’m sure this didn’t really help at all, but I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it eventually.

now I cant export the mesh because I messed it up somehow, I get what you are saying........its just hard to do..... but I will see if I can fix it..... this is the only step that its holding me down

Archived