Bloodcursed and Sunhallowed Arrows: Toggle Sun On/Off

luxybug

I had made a spell named Unceasing Darkness, which applies the Blotted out Sun effect. Duration can be set to anything in the CK. I posted it up for another requester awhile ago. It persists throughout night, day and even if you zone.

I tried this before yet it still does not work for me. Game crashes when you go into spells after learning the spell. Also, a spell would not be a lore firendly/ideal method anyway since the proper one should be shooting the arrow at the sun.

the spell mod I made is linked here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1066379-ending-the-tyranny-of-the-sun-forever-willing-to-pay-for-it/page-2

(the download is mjh poisonpack, you can get the spell from farengar in whiterun, or you can console it if you want, its called "Unceasing Darkness"

as far as your crashing retro, have you tried to disable other mods? I've had several of my friends test out my stuff before and I haven't seen any issues. Do you have a crash log? You'd have to enable them as by default they aren't available.

as far as lore, I figure if there's magic in the game then good enough, as I didn't want to override anything when I made this.

I dont get why it wasnt like this in the game anyway. I mean, I fulfilled the prophecy, right? Whats the difference between me using Auriels bow with bloodcursed arrows than Harkon using it? Serana says she has to stop him from blotting out the sun but then willingly hands out her blood to me so I can do that very thing! I just don't get it.

Harkon's idea was to shroud the world in eternal darkness, but that would bring a lot of attention to the vampires, regular mortals would not stand for such a thing, and huge armies would be created to whipe out all of the vampires for good.

But I wouldn't really mind that, there should definitely have been an option to let Harkon carry out the prophecy. :)

Edited by Simniac

Well what's different about Harkon using the bow than me using it? Why would it be that when he uses it the sun goes out forever but when I use the bow it only goes out for a couple of minutes? I dont see why he can block it out forever and I can't.

Well what's different about Harkon using the bow than me using it? Why would it be that when he uses it the sun goes out forever but when I use the bow it only goes out for a couple of minutes? I dont see why he can block it out forever and I can't.

It doesnt go out for a couple of minutes when you use it. It lasts for 24 in game hours which is a while.

It's a different amount of blood which creates different effects, Harkon was planning to kill Serana and use all her blood to taint auriel's bow and shoot it at the sun, and then the sun would be blocked out forever. But Serana is only using a portion of her blood to taint auriel's bow, which, when shot at the sun, would only block out the sun for a day.

It's a different amount of blood which creates different effects, Harkon was planning to kill Serana and use all her blood to taint auriel's bow and shoot it at the sun, and then the sun would be blocked out forever. But Serana is only using a portion of her blood to taint auriel's bow, which, when shot at the sun, would only block out the sun for a day.

I guess I missed that part of the quest. Now I wish I could kill Harkon, then serana, and then use her blood for the bow. Its a win-win.

I guess I missed that part of the quest. Now I wish I could kill Harkon, then serana, and then use her blood for the bow. Its a win-win.

It's only a speculation on my part, it was never mentioned during the quests, but it is the only logical explanation, at least as far as what I can come up with.

Edited by Simniac

the spell mod I made is linked here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1066379-ending-the-tyranny-of-the-sun-forever-willing-to-pay-for-it/page-2

(the download is mjh poisonpack, you can get the spell from farengar in whiterun, or you can console it if you want, its called "Unceasing Darkness"

as far as your crashing retro, have you tried to disable other mods? I've had several of my friends test out my stuff before and I haven't seen any issues. Do you have a crash log? You'd have to enable them as by default they aren't available.

as far as lore, I figure if there's magic in the game then good enough, as I didn't want to override anything when I made this.

I dont see any mods that could conflict with this. Also I dont want to uninstall 50+ mods and then have to reinstall them all for this. I got a log and this was it:

[09/03/2013 - 10:21:49AM] EditorPapyrus log opened (PC)
[09/03/2013 - 10:21:49AM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)
[09/03/2013 - 10:38:35AM] Log closed
Are you sure that you and your friends are not using other resources from other mods that are needed for this one?

I'm quite sure as the only resource the mod uses for the effect is Dawnguard, and it doesn't override anything, as it makes new ID's for everything. So, I'm quite baffled on what's causing your crash. I'll take a look later on tonight again at my work to see if there's anything that could be messed up if I manage to get some time (luckily a professor only assigned a 3 page reading assignment tonight, which I almost died of laughter when I heard that he only wanted us to read 3 pages, I'm used to here's a book read it by our next class).

can you post a list of your which mods you use so I can see what you're using? It might help me to determine where a crash could be occuring.