Removing that cheap dragon "NOM" finishing attack.

Hardvaro

By this I mean being suddenly owned with one simple chomp when engaging the dragon with 50% health.
It's one of these things that... it's fine there, when you see it happen to a guard or something, it adds to the immersion a bit, but it's ridiculously cheap. It reduces you to have to cower in a corner and simply shoot arrows at it until it stops moving.

I'm fine with dragons being tough, I'm fine with dragons killing me with one single well landed firebreath, because that just means I didn't bother to take cover, therefore it was MY fault. But this "nom" attack is just stupid (stupidly implemented at least).

Why does it need me to be at 50% or 60% before it does that attack? While we're at it, why can't it pick me up off the ground and throw me away, like it does to other NPCs sometimes? It just doesn't make any sense, you never know when it's going to happen, and it's simply demoralizing.

Anyway, I'd love to see some way to remove this behavior. If there's a way to do it by console commands, I'd appreciate it if someone let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I know exactly what you're talking about. However, I'd say the problem is with the kill moves in general. Sometimes I think I have plenty of health left, but then bandits chops my head off with two handed weapon.

I don't know of any console commands, but I know that there's a mod with an option to make player character immune to kill moves. It's the Dance of Death, a pretty popular mod. Toggling the option though MCM should make you immune to all the unpredictable kill moves done to you.

I posted requesting a mod for this a few days ago actually.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1042877-removal-of-dragon-killfinishing-moves-on-player/

Anyway, I just stumbled upon this mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35362/

I haven't tried it out yet but the title says "No killbites" which sounds good to me. I hope that it solves both our problems.

Edited by Gazareth2000