Learning to use the G.E.C.K.

skullking777

Hey, this is a kind of a two part question. A) Is there anyone willing to give me tips and pointers on using the GECK? B) This is kind of a small request, is there or can anyone retex the Raider Badlands Armor so I don't have hobo boots? It just annoys me to no end. :wallbash: Small annoyance but I just hate seeing it. I guess I'm OCD that way. :thanks:

as far as your first request, i'd recommend going one step back and looking at the stickied thread at the top of this forum titled "New to GECK & Modding? Look Here Please." or click here.

and this has some good references as well: http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Main_Page

for your second request, ive got alot of stuff on the go at the moment, but if its still not filled once ive got some spare time, ill give it a shot for you.

I wouldn't mind showing you how to do a few things via GECK. I'm still very much a noob, but I could show you some basics.

Things like:

1) Editing the FO3 gameworld by adding or subtracting content.

2) Giving stock or editing custom weapons & armor by giving them custom features, such as changing a weapons or armors properties, changing a weapons projectile type, &/or the explosions that follow a projectile impact

3) Adding doors and making them warp to different areas.

Pretty basic stuff I know. Of course you would have to have some dedicated time set aside & be first & foremost serious. Having 10 mins free is not really gonna help. More like 30 to 60 minute increments. Connect via xfire or Vent so we could talk in real time & you could duplicate what I do on my end as I talk you through it.

I guess the best way would be for you to view the basic mods I have so far submitted & see if they are what you are interested in doing.

As for retexturing, thats beyond my current skill level.. lol..

Archived