Spray paint/paint gun with decals that last

tunafizzle

I saw a paintball gun mod by dragonstorm and a working paint gun mod included in highsight's Active Wasteland mod but I couldn't get the former to work and the latter doesn't include paint that lasts.

I'm not even sure if it would be possible to create a spray paint can/paint gun with decals/paint that lasts forever or to at least seperate it from the bullethole decal limits but I got to thinking of this when i was wandering around Big MT and getting lost and thought about dropping some misc items to sort of mark my path. Thats when I got the idea that spray paint would be handy to use to mark rocks and boxes/crates that have already been opened and that sort of stuff.

I'd imagine creating spray paint would be a pain in the ass as far as including spray animation which I guess is why i've only seen paint gun mods but I'd be happy with something that simply marks spots for a good amount of time, doesn't really have to be usable as a weapon.

Anybody tried attempting this mod or given it some thought?

There are script functions that could do something like a mark. There is a crosshair ref function, throw the distance into a var and then a place at me (with distance from teh player in the var) for a simple nif with a decal. Downside ibest on a flat surface, like a wall. On a irregular surface or angled/sloped along with a big nif, it would be apparent from certain angles that the nif (with the decal) and teh object would be separated by a small amount of space. But if the nif is tiny like bullet-hole sized or at least fairly small you'd be hard pressed to see the gap.