Dead specific bodies

Unavi

Hi everyone,

i have little problem. Right now i'm working on a small adventure mod in which you will retirive a new weapon (it is all about this weapon but i wanted to spicy it up a bit). Anyway, i need a dead body with a name and inventory..A dead NPC if you will.

I'am a bit of a sucker so i just created the NPC and placed him in the ruin alive.

How can i place him in the cell already dead? It will probably have to be a static object becouse of---

---- the second question: is it safe to position a weapon so that it lookes like it is stabbed in the body?

Thanks, Unavi

Hi everyone,

i have little problem. Right now i'm working on a small adventure mod in which you will retirive a new weapon (it is all about this weapon but i wanted to spicy it up a bit). Anyway, i need a dead body with a name and inventory..A dead NPC if you will.

I'am a bit of a sucker so i just created the NPC and placed him in the ruin alive.

How can i place him in the cell already dead? It will probably have to be a static object becouse of---

---- the second question: is it safe to position a weapon so that it lookes like it is stabbed in the body?

Thanks, Unavi

Dead NPCs need to have their health set to 0. If the NPC's health is at 0, you can make the NPC go ragdoll by enabling the havok sim.

For the NPC to be static, you would need a new mesh which was defined as a static. NPCs will always be able to be moved around by grabbing or hitting with stuff. Although you can get some results using scripting an setrigidbodymass this doesn't work too well on a NPC which is dead since the NPC often resets to a neutral loading position (standing, arms out) when the cell is loaded. Weapons are a very similar way.

Meaning that in order to have a dead body with a weapon sticking into it, you would need static meshes of both objects (either as a single .nif, or seperate .nifs). Anything short of this will likely result in a situation where the body or weapon ends up getting displaced once the cell loads.

Thank you very much! That's exectly what i needed to know.

I'll create the static, prehaps dismembered :P. I'm a bit worried about the collison since i have never done this before but i'll figure it out.

Thanks again :)

Archived