Automatic Laser Rifle

Tomice

Not as easy as it sounds!

While there is a checkbox to make rifles fire continuously, there are some serious problems with animations. See this topic for info:

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=96925

I would really love to see a balanced pair of fast-firing laser weapons, approx. equal in power to plasma rifle and A3-21 plasma rifle, but different in gameplay (I generally prefer automatic fire).

Possible details:

Name: AER12 Laser Rifle / AER12X Commando prototype

Look: Like Laser Rifle, but darker, less rusty texture (maybe red glowing stripes and a scope)

Power: stronger than Laser rifle and chinese assault rifle, but equal to plasma rifle (or their uniques)

If anybody could just help me to fix the given issue, it would be a great deal. Looks isn't everything! :wink:

Thanks and sorry for grammatical mistakes, I'm no native speaker...

i am currently making a mod that changes the normal laser rifles to wattz laser riles, the current laser pistol to wattz 1000 laser pistols and makes thes models more of a marksman's tool (like a sniper / hunting rifle)

my mod also changes the AEP7 pistol and AER9 rifle to fully automatic fire (it is working)

i've got pretty much everything balanced right now (AER9 AutoLaser is slightly more effective than the Chinese assault rifle with equal energy weapons and small guns skills), and you can usually find them carried by the Enclave, sometimes by talon company and regulators

I'm trying to get the outcasts to accept the new automatic rifles and lasers for trade-in

when i do that, you will have your automatic laser rifles

Sounds excellent! :-)

I've looked up your Classic Wattz Laser with Sound V1.1 on Nexus, but you don't mention automatic fire!

What's your rate of fire?

I guess I'll try your mod anyway, seems to be impressie work!

Just be so kind and tell me ho you solved the problem!

ah yes the classics with sound

it is based on that yes, but im kind of abandoning that one in favor of this new mod im working on (i've changed pretty much all the energy weapons)

what fixed it for me was changing the projectile type to BeamLaserAutoProjectile

I set the rate of fire in GECK TO 8.0000 and the attack multiplier (for the animation) to 1.5000

however the actual, in game rate of fire appears to be more like 3.5 shots/sec (still automatic, but a bit slower than most of them)

it seems to be stable there, if i change any values it does what you describe

I'll try the multiplier, but maybe it's better to live with imperfect reloading rather then having a bugged gameplay. I changed the reload animation, so now the playerchar at least manipulates the right region of the gun - doesn't look so bad imho...

I'm curious how your mod will be in the end! What about VATS behavior?

Archived