Rain rain rain rain rain and more rain

Irockman1

well seeing my link actually gives me hope that it can be done since the guy used 3dsmax i believe to make the models, too bad you have to pay for them but i am sure with the Immense amount of talent out there some one will come up with something

Is there anyway to take the falling snow from Operation Anchorage, and modify it so that it is rain?

been a bit since I've done OA but I believe it could be possible depending on how it was handled in the DLC. If there's a way to control the X and Y axis (that is, left and right) as it falls, and speed up the Z axis and give it a new texture (more transparently, blah blah blah) I could see it being done. Again, all depends on how OA handled their snow.

I guess it's actually not so difficult...

Take the rain and snow nifs from oblivion, convert them to Fallout3 and you done... only problem, it's not alloud. I dont think bethesda removed the possibility for rain or snow. It's still there same like in oblivion, but the nifs aren't. So, we need new Rain/snow nifs. Well, if nobody does it, I will convert these nifs for private use, but impossible to upload them, coz nexus is very strikt with these things.

I guess it's actually not so difficult...

Take the rain and snow nifs from oblivion, convert them to Fallout3 and you done... only problem, it's not alloud. I dont think bethesda removed the possibility for rain or snow. It's still there same like in oblivion, but the nifs aren't. So, we need new Rain/snow nifs. Well, if nobody does it, I will convert these nifs for private use, but impossible to upload them, coz nexus is very strikt with these things.

Well Yos, there is always a loop hole and i think this one would be "if the whole of the model was "based off the same [i.e. making subtle changes maybe the size of the rain drops or the way they looked (who says they have to be round? they could be square if small enough)] then technically it would be a NEW model and therefore not covered by any agreement (same thing with other textures and models) as for the precipitation the ablity to use these ARE in the GECK all is need is a nif to start working on them (in the same area we are discussing about the wether :D)

Archived