You Guessed It- CTD Issues

Chaimberlain

Alright, so I've had Skyrim running before with some 200 plugins with no problems (long time ago), so now I'm surprised that I can't seem to play at all with roughly 140 plugins. I was playing perfectly normally inside of Dimhollow Crypt (just before I released Serana) when I got a CTD. This happens periodically, but not often, so I thought nothing of it. I went back in to reload the autosave, got in-game, and about 2 seconds later crashed again. I did notice what appeared to be some crazy lag though just before the CTD. I tried again, same result. I tried other saves, both autos and manual. All crashed just after leading the cell. I have no clue what could have caused this. I had not installed a mod since the day before, and had simply updated a couple roughly 6 hours before. (Note that there was no issue for that 6 hrs.) I tried uninstalling the updated mods (RaceMenu, Wet and Cold, and W.A.T.E.R.) but to no avail. So I uninstalled that last mod I had installed the previous night (Skyrim Tycoon). Still no luck.

Anyhow, I have no clue what is going on, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Clean all traffic areas on the system, temp folders and backups for programs that effect the games software, reboot, use cleaners & a registry cleaner, reboot once more and go try the game. make sure you replace the ini files too.

You'll see.

kitty.

So, basically wipe everything out and reinstall it again?

I would post links here but not now, it's to messy and not a good idea , but, you need to get some programs to do the job clean.

• ccleaner
  • UniblueRgistrycleaner, the old version if it's still there? V2 OR Nortons clean sweep. a really old program that still works.
  • the systems own clean system program built in.
  • ccleaner will have all the options most directly involved though, run it 3 times and you will see just how embedded some items are.
  • Do all of this in safe mode , not normal.
  • start/run type msconfig, set to safe boot. and reboot and run those programs (of course if installed already)
  • when your all done, re run msconfig and reset the boot up sequences.
  • normal running now redo the cleaning processes and you will find all the left over junk that was waiting for you to reconnect.
  • delete it all , the junk, not the programs.

now you should be ready for the net again. make sure you have a good fireall running, and antivirus enabled because your system is linked to the bot nets and it's IP isin their catch. you need to block them out. I use peerblock1.1 updated twice daily. it keeps em out of my system. you will find out on your own with your own eye's.

kitty.

for the in game play issues, you will need to seek a skyrim user. I gave you advice t omake sure its' not Nmm's fault or the website problems going on. You may need to refresh the games data VIA steam. If by chance the data is not in order, the steams system will replace your files and leave you with yet another chalenge, resort the mods used.

it does seem like a never ending battle, Boss should be the same as steam.....if 't it's not? well then, you know who to talk to.

Kitty.