Mod Request: Higher Power Requirements for Main Quest Missions

isaonhieno

Requesting this because I'm an obsessive completionist & I want to do every quest every time that I play through the game. That means that I end up with way too much power. Whenever I've completed the areas that I want for any given Main Quest mission, I have too much Power. Usually I have 200+ Power by the end of the game, that has absolutely no use. I can pace my own gameplay, true, but I thought it would be fun to have a mod to do it for me. It it would also be great to have to actually work for the big Corypheus battle missions, i.e. In Your Heart Shall Burn and Doom Upon All the World, which only require 1 Power (that's just lame!).

I'm not sure about the exact Power requirements that would be good for this playstyle, but like +5 or +10 to each main quest might be a good start.

Lmao, I might be the only one who has even thought about wanting a mod like this. What can I say, completionism can't be helped.

Alternatively, if anyone has any resources/advice for how I could edit the Power requirements myself, I could give that a try.

Edited by isaonhieno

This is a great idea, and I would actually use this for a playthrough of my own. I'd be more than happy to work on the mod and show you how to do it too so you can customize if you wish (I've edited other things related to quests and hoping the power requirement is an obvious find in the editor).

That said... despite modding this game for over a year, I've never played personally past In Hushed Whispers, and have a vague outline of quests after that. So... I think I need some guidance on which quests and how much they should cost as an increase.

Is it only the main quests that end up costing power? https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/Main_quests_(Inquisition)

Edit: I'm almost thinking... 3x power cost for all quests. Most are between 4-15 power, and a few 30-40. You'll probably still have excess power being a sidequest completionist. But maybe I can't do math.

Edited by apomorph

3x version is up (https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/3515)

@isaonhieno, I believe In Your Heart Shall Burn and Doom Upon All the World actually cost 0 power, and I'm not easily finding them. I think they're categorized differently than some of the other war table items, since they cost... 0 Power. So my mod doesn't touch them, alas.

Edit: No, I was wrong, at least In Your Heart Shall Burn costs 1 Power. And I found where they are kept, which is a different spot. I'll update the mod.

Edit2: I've included the quests I originally didn't include, including In Your Heart Shall Burn. I found where Doom Upon All the World is stored, but since it's original cost is 0, I didn't touch it (since I just arbitrarily am doing a 3x multiplier across the board). If you'd like to know about how to make these edits, lmk.

Edited by apomorph