Turning a weapon into a static activator?

scarycave

Hi forums, I'm trying to turn a weapon into an activator (see title for additional info.) and I'm not to sure how I do that exactly.

When I try to put the weapon is as an activator, its still possible to move, knock-over, etc.

I need it to be completely static. I tried removing some stuff in a duplicate niff, and now it has no collision at all.

Any advice on how to do this?

i dont know how to do this in nifscope ,only in blender

in nifscope i assume you have to delete all collisions and then delete all extra data,then rightclick the NiTriStrips - havok -create convex shape put a value around 0.1,it should generate a red colission-static

Edited by kastano

Here is the recipe I got from TomBrightblade long time ago when I asked how to turn an apple into a static.

I followed the steps blindly, (as I know nothing about modeling) and it worked at the time

---------

If it is really a static apple that you want, I mean, a static like a wall, you can do the following:

- go for NifSkope 1.0.16 and load apple NIF file
- in Block List expand all nodes
- search for: 4 bhkRigidBody and left click on it
- press F3 or go to menu View -> Block Details
- - - in Block Details search for "Motion System" and change it to MO_SYS_FIXED
- - - in Block Details search for "Quality Type" and change it to MO_QUAL_FIXED

(not necessary) in Block Details search for "Layer" and change it OL_STATIC
(not necessary) in Block Details search for "Layer Copy" and change it to OL_STATIC

save the NIF file in Oblivion\Data\meshes\your_mod_name (or sth like that) and close the NifSkope

open CS, load your plugin, make a new Static and as a model choose the NIF file that was just created in NifSkope

"Not necessary" steps are only for a proper color of a layer, that can be seen in CS and in game, when you toggle collision geometry. Now you should have a static apple.

-------------------