Dragon Overload

GoodGuyA

Greetings all!

I have been remodding my game, taking it very slowly, checking for both my RAM and stability of my game rather than all in one burst as I once did. Glad I stopped where I had, because I found a bit of a problem with the dragon mods I've implemented. Nothing game breaking persay, but rather unusual given what the mods state on their page. As of now, I am using these current dragon mods:

Dovahkriid

Bellyache's New Dragon Species

Deadly Dragons (plus Armory)

Enhanced Mighty Dragons

Dragon Combat Overhaul

They are essentially in that load order as well. What I am experiencing is a high dragon spawn rate, despite doing as I could to prevent many random dragon spawns (I used ERSO's 3x delay on random spawns). I have tried this on a high levelled file as well as a new file, using Random Alternate Start to get further into the world. What I experienced was almost always a dragon in sight (not near a usual dragon location) and even if I avoided that dragon, there would be another further down.

This suggests to me that the respawn rate is somewhat broken, though I obviously could be wrong. I tend to like the vanilla spawn rate, and would like to know if anyone has information about this problem. These are, as far as I'm aware, the most popular dragon mods on the site so I assume that people have combined them before with similar results.

A couple of other mods I have that may or may not have something to do with the behavior could be:

SkyTEST

SkyRe

One other thing; I have not been able to get my Deadly Dragons configuration to show up in SkyUI, as well as a few others like iHud. Am I doing anything dreadfully wrong there? <(Fixed this)

Edited by GoodGuyA

Well, DCO, EMD, and SkyRe shouldn't be the issue. I could see Deadly Dragons causing the problem, since I know that it influences dragon spawns significantly, but I've not used skytest, dovahkriid, or bellyaches.

Do you have SKSE? The MCM won't show up without it. Also, the MCM isn't in skyui directly, it's an option in the escape menu.

I have fixed the MCM problem, and tried out something which also was hilariously out of whack, and not the problem I've encountered.

There's an 'assault timer' in Deadly dragons which allows you to pick through what time dragons will eventually catch up to you. I thought that this might be my issue, given that the timer was set to zero, so I srt it to 72 hours. I also set it to "two dragons" to make sure the testing was valid. It was not my issue. When I spawned, I all ready saw two random dragons, not in the same location, then going down the road I was assaulted by two powerful dragons at once! Now I know why it's a hardcore mod.

Still searching for a solution to the dragon spawning problem.

Well I've gone and disabled Deadly Dragons, and that seems to have fixed the spawning as appeared before. However, I discovered a new inherent error, probably due to Bellyache's Variants. He mentions on the page that his dragons spawn on the ground, and I have hence run across three identical dragons on the ground as well as another random one from behind a hill that I could not see. This likely caused the double dragon along the road error from before. I hope I can reconcile all these issues though. I am certainly fine with vanilla dragon spawn rates, but the case is rather unusual in its possible complexity. I will likely have to take away the New Dragon Species if the issue isn't resolved, and hope that the other mods don't cause further issue. A shame to miss out on that content though!

Well it seems I was a bit mistaken thinking that Deadly Dragons mostly amended the situation. Walking around some more I again came upon inordinate dragon spawns, some from the ground and some in the air. So I decided to disable Bellyache's, which seemed to solve the problem a little better.

However, there are still lots of dragons floating around, and worst yet they are from Dovahkriid. The Dovahkriid dragons shouldn't be spawning until Alduin attacks Kynesgrove, so I am at a loss as to why they're being spawned as soon as I start the game, and just barely out of my range. I reactivated Deadly Dragons, and I'll try deactivating Dovahkriid to see if the problems are yet amended.