[WIP] Lancer Power Armor

tyokio

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wooot! The suit is looking mighty fine. I'm loving the details, plus you work fast!

I've been wondering about this for a while, but what's the game limit for armor and helmet polycount or verts anyways?

Wooot! The suit is looking mighty fine. I'm loving the details, plus you work fast!

I've been wondering about this for a while, but what's the game limit for armor and helmet polycount or verts anyways?

I don't think anyone really knows for certain how many polygons the game engine hypothetically can work with on a single mesh before it locks up. The question was floating around when people began modding the game, but I don't think we ever found a conclusive answer.

The engine can handle an ungodly amount of different individual meshes though as shown by Martigen's increased spawn mods, so the question is if there is a limit at all or whether it's mostly the hardware of the individual machine that determines what can be run without lockups.

so is the thing almost ready? (forget the minigun version, i've figured out a way to implemnet it the way i need it)

can't wait to get it so i can begin REALLY working on Covert War (name of my mod IS subject to change)

and can't wait to see the Mercury Recon armor :)

its not ready yet no, I still have the lower legs to complete and additional details I want to add to the back. I also have the UV mapping and rigging stages to complete afterwards which will take even more time. I havent even started model 2 yet D: I'm having doubts that I will model the 2nd one seeing as this one will take so much time to finish.

yeah thats the one, I'm not sure If I'll have the energy after all the work that this model will require. That is if I can find a brave texture artist who would want to attempt to texture this, then I could just move straight onto the modeling of the mercury armor