Small FPS boost for heavily modded game?

Sleeve88

Hi,

Currently playing Skyrim on high settings with all distant sliders maxed. I am using Realvision ENB + COT + Realistic lighting.

I am also using 2k textures, Flora Overhaul, W.A.T.E.R and bigger trees among others.

Currently i am averaging around 29-40FPS in demanding locations, IE Whiterun and Riverwood. Im hoping to improve this slightly, I dont even really want to go below 30 so i'm just looking for any ini tweaks which will claw me back some FPS but not sacrifice too much graphics.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Open ENB menu in game (shift+enter) and where you see some sort of Quality setting (eg. Filter Quality) make sure they are set to 2 and not 0 (ultra) or 1 (high). This has almost no effect on quality (just minor) but it reduces the calculation for those effects by 3 when it's set to 0 and you set it to 2.

Make a backup of enbseries.ini inside your Skyrim directory before you do this, just to be on the save side if you did manual tweaking in there as well.

Another way to go at it is open SweetFX_settings.txt in your Skyrim folder, as RealVision uses that as well, and change "#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1" to 0. This disables SweetFX SMAA, which will gain you a few frames. If again in SweetFX this setting is set to 1, set to 0 and use ENB bloom instead: "#define USE_BLOOM 1" No need to run 2x Bloom calculations over your game.

Also make sure that on your driver level all Anti Aliasing and Ambient Occlusion is disabled. Make sure AF is set to 16x

In Skyrim Launcher disable all AA/FXAA and also disable AF since you should have it run through your drivers instead (looks a lot better). Tho I use NVidia, not sure if you do as well.

If you didn't overclock your GFX card, you can might consider a small overlock (if youre not comfortable with it). This could easily get you a 10% performance boost without any harm.